US: Justice buoys Dress Barn Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit doubled to US$48m from $23.1m
- Net sales up 77% to $665.5m
- Justice accounts for $245.1m of $289.8m sales hike
Third quarter profits at women’s wear retailer Dress Barn more than doubled thanks to a strong contribution from new acquisition Justice, as well as a comparable store sales increase of 14%.
“Our fiscal third quarter performance marks a record level of sales and earnings,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“We continue to have strong assortments in each of our three brands and see a continuation of the fashion and value trends in the marketplace that are driving our results.”
Click here to view the full company statement.
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Gerber launches Mauritius apparel programme
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019