US: Justice buoys Dress Barn Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit doubled to US$48m from $23.1m
- Net sales up 77% to $665.5m
- Justice accounts for $245.1m of $289.8m sales hike
Third quarter profits at women’s wear retailer Dress Barn more than doubled thanks to a strong contribution from new acquisition Justice, as well as a comparable store sales increase of 14%.
“Our fiscal third quarter performance marks a record level of sales and earnings,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“We continue to have strong assortments in each of our three brands and see a continuation of the fashion and value trends in the marketplace that are driving our results.”
Click here to view the full company statement.
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam