US: Justice buoys Dress Barn Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit doubled to US$48m from $23.1m
- Net sales up 77% to $665.5m
- Justice accounts for $245.1m of $289.8m sales hike
Third quarter profits at women’s wear retailer Dress Barn more than doubled thanks to a strong contribution from new acquisition Justice, as well as a comparable store sales increase of 14%.
“Our fiscal third quarter performance marks a record level of sales and earnings,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“We continue to have strong assortments in each of our three brands and see a continuation of the fashion and value trends in the marketplace that are driving our results.”
Click here to view the full company statement.
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory