US: Justice buoys Dress Barn Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit doubled to US$48m from $23.1m
- Net sales up 77% to $665.5m
- Justice accounts for $245.1m of $289.8m sales hike
Third quarter profits at women’s wear retailer Dress Barn more than doubled thanks to a strong contribution from new acquisition Justice, as well as a comparable store sales increase of 14%.
“Our fiscal third quarter performance marks a record level of sales and earnings,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“We continue to have strong assortments in each of our three brands and see a continuation of the fashion and value trends in the marketplace that are driving our results.”
Click here to view the full company statement.
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report