US: Justice buoys Dress Barn Q3 profit
- Q3 net profit doubled to US$48m from $23.1m
- Net sales up 77% to $665.5m
- Justice accounts for $245.1m of $289.8m sales hike
Third quarter profits at women’s wear retailer Dress Barn more than doubled thanks to a strong contribution from new acquisition Justice, as well as a comparable store sales increase of 14%.
“Our fiscal third quarter performance marks a record level of sales and earnings,” said Dress Barn president and CEO David Jaffe.
“We continue to have strong assortments in each of our three brands and see a continuation of the fashion and value trends in the marketplace that are driving our results.”
Click here to view the full company statement.
Better than expected results at its Maurices and Justice chains have helped women's wear retailer Dress Barn Inc to more than double its third quarter earnings...
Apparel retail group Dress Barn posted a strong increase in fourth quarter profit, aided by a healthy contribution from its recently acquired Justice chain....
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Change management key to PLM project success
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- Columbia Sportswear fined for mislabelled clothing
- “Made in USA” company rapped for deceptive claims
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change