US: K-Swiss faces shortfall as Thai plant shuts
Footwear company K-Swiss is facing a potential loss of customer orders to the tune of US$5m after one of its manufacturing units in Thailand closed.
K-Swiss said that a contractor in Thailand, which it did not name, had ceased operations and would not be able to fulfill orders for 700,000 pairs of shoes scheduled for the second and third quarters of 2010.
It is one of only three manufacturers utilised by the company in its global supply chain, and primarily supplies canvas products for the K-Swiss brand.
Most of the shoes were being produced to fulfill orders primarily for Latin America and to a lesser extent Europe, the company said.
K-Swiss is now looking to secure production capacity with other facilities instead, but anticipates delays and said it was not certain when and how much capacity will be replaced.
"Assuming the company cannot fulfill any customer orders from previously scheduled Thailand production, the company estimates a total impact of approximately $5m in lost revenues during the second and third quarters of 2010," a statement added.
If any country was likely to be vulnerable to a collapse in sales from a global recession it was export-oriented China. The fact remains, however, that China's textile and clothing industry is still i...
Increased income tax costs sent footwear company K-Swiss to a hefty third quarter loss, accompanied by a double-digit revenue decline....
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has bought Schneider Versand Holding GmbH, a leading German catalogue and on-line retailer selling fashion, lifestyle and promotional products such as ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report