US: K-Swiss opens first US running store
Sportswear company K-Swiss has expanded its commitment to the running market with the opening of its first US-based running retail store in Santa Monica, California.
It hopes the retail location will elevate the brand's presence leading up to and during the LA Marathon in March 2010. It is also the race's official footwear and apparel sponsor.
"The Santa Monica store will play a key role in our partnership with the LA Marathon, especially since the finish line is less than a mile away from the store," said David Nichols, executive vice president of K-Swiss.
K-Swiss Santa Monica will sell performance footwear, apparel and accessories as well as lifestyle items.
The company already operates running stores in Taiwan, Korea, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Footwear store The Finish Line has announced that Alan H Cohen, the company's co-founder and chairman of the board, has decided to retire....
Iconic footwear and sportswear brand K-Swiss has announced the addition of Gael Monfils, the second highest ranked French tennis player, to its tennis roster....
Footwear company K-Swiss is facing a potential loss of customer orders to the tune of US$5m after one of its manufacturing units in Thailand closed....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Footwear firm K-Swiss has posted a widened first quarter loss after its sales were dragged down domestically....
Up to 600 jobs are due to be created by Original Factory Shop as it plans to open a raft of new stores this year with hundreds more slated to start by 2020....
Footwear company Deckers Outdoor Corporation has made two additions to its executive team, aimed at bolstering its marketing and information technology functions....
Sanitized AG has expanded its R&D team and added a new post of 'innovation manager' in a bid to accelerate the development of its antimicrobial textile treatments....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report