US: K-Swiss Q3 net losses narrow
- Q3 losses narrow to $1.9m
- Revenues fell 16% to $67.6m
Footwear maker K-Swiss has seen its third-quarter net losses narrow despite falling revenues.
Net loss narrowed to US$1.9m for the three months ended 30 September, compared to $15.4m the same period last year, while revenues slipped 16% to $67.6m.
Domestic revenues declined 31.8% to $22.3m, while international revenues slipped 5.3% to $45.3m. Operating loss also narrowed to $1.8m, compared to $13.5m the prior year.
"The third quarter results benefited from the positive contribution from our Palladium brand as well as disciplined expense and inventory controls," said chairman and president Steven Nichols.
"While we continue to gain momentum and demonstrate product innovation with the K-Swiss brand, we have yet to convert these efforts into a sustainable futures order trend."
The company said it expects full-year revenues to range from $221m to $223m, while gross margin is estimates to be 35% to 36%.
When it comes to managing sustainability across the apparel, textile and footwear supply chain, many of the industry's leading retailers, brands and suppliers are already leading the way. And they are...
Research has found that nanosilver treated T-shirts can have a reduced environmental impact, if their microbial properties mean consumers wash them less often butconcerns remain over their safety. ...
Footwear brand K-Swiss saw net losses narrow to US$14m during the fourth quarter, compared to a $25m loss in the same period of the prior year. ...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead