US: K-Swiss Q3 net losses narrow
- Q3 losses narrow to $1.9m
- Revenues fell 16% to $67.6m
Footwear maker K-Swiss has seen its third-quarter net losses narrow despite falling revenues.
Net loss narrowed to US$1.9m for the three months ended 30 September, compared to $15.4m the same period last year, while revenues slipped 16% to $67.6m.
Domestic revenues declined 31.8% to $22.3m, while international revenues slipped 5.3% to $45.3m. Operating loss also narrowed to $1.8m, compared to $13.5m the prior year.
"The third quarter results benefited from the positive contribution from our Palladium brand as well as disciplined expense and inventory controls," said chairman and president Steven Nichols.
"While we continue to gain momentum and demonstrate product innovation with the K-Swiss brand, we have yet to convert these efforts into a sustainable futures order trend."
The company said it expects full-year revenues to range from $221m to $223m, while gross margin is estimates to be 35% to 36%.
When it comes to managing sustainability across the apparel, textile and footwear supply chain, many of the industry's leading retailers, brands and suppliers are already leading the way. And they are...
Research has found that nanosilver treated T-shirts can have a reduced environmental impact, if their microbial properties mean consumers wash them less often butconcerns remain over their safety. ...
Footwear brand K-Swiss saw net losses narrow to US$14m during the fourth quarter, compared to a $25m loss in the same period of the prior year. ...
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Mango continues on global growth trajectory
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre