US: K-Swiss Q3 net losses narrow
- Q3 losses narrow to $1.9m
- Revenues fell 16% to $67.6m
Footwear maker K-Swiss has seen its third-quarter net losses narrow despite falling revenues.
Net loss narrowed to US$1.9m for the three months ended 30 September, compared to $15.4m the same period last year, while revenues slipped 16% to $67.6m.
Domestic revenues declined 31.8% to $22.3m, while international revenues slipped 5.3% to $45.3m. Operating loss also narrowed to $1.8m, compared to $13.5m the prior year.
"The third quarter results benefited from the positive contribution from our Palladium brand as well as disciplined expense and inventory controls," said chairman and president Steven Nichols.
"While we continue to gain momentum and demonstrate product innovation with the K-Swiss brand, we have yet to convert these efforts into a sustainable futures order trend."
The company said it expects full-year revenues to range from $221m to $223m, while gross margin is estimates to be 35% to 36%.
When it comes to managing sustainability across the apparel, textile and footwear supply chain, many of the industry's leading retailers, brands and suppliers are already leading the way. And they are...
Research has found that nanosilver treated T-shirts can have a reduced environmental impact, if their microbial properties mean consumers wash them less often butconcerns remain over their safety. ...
Footwear brand K-Swiss saw net losses narrow to US$14m during the fourth quarter, compared to a $25m loss in the same period of the prior year. ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015