USA: K-Swiss Signs Japanese Distribution Deal
Under the agreement, Kurume-based MoonStar will initially distribute men's and women's Original Classics and Limited Edition lines, before expanding into children's and infants' lines in the second year and licensed products in the third year.
According to K-Swiss chairman Steven Nichols, Japan is the California-based company's biggest market in Asia.
"For the past several years, this presence has not translated into the level of revenue potential that we believe exists for us in Japan," he said.
"MoonStar's extensive operations, as well as their significant experience in footwear, are the best platforms to reverse this trend by renewing the K-Swiss brand in Japan and expanding our brand recognition."
Companies: Steven Madden
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Fashion footwear company Steven Madden has appointed Daniel Friedman as executive licensing director....
Footwear wholesaler Steven Madden has announced the appointment of Matt Joyce to president of the company's women's wholesale division....
Footwear retailer Steven Madden has reported a 12.9 per cent third-quarter sales rise after its wholesale and retail units saw good demand, and has announced the forthcoming departure of president Ric...
Sports shoe company K-Swiss has reported a slight rise in third-quarter income, encouraged by better international revenue and share buybacks....
Shoe company Steven Madden Ltd says third-quarter profit is likely to exceed forecasts on better-than-anticipated sales in both wholesale and retail as well as gross margin growth....
Specialty family footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource Inc has completed its previously announced senior management succession....
Shoe chain Payless ShoeSource Inc has secured Matthew Rubel, a former executive of sportswear giant Nike Inc, as its new chief executive officer from July onwards....
Footwear group Steven Madden Ltd has named Awadhesh Sinha chief operating officer as of 1 July....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022