USA: Kangol To Benefit From Freeborders PLM Solution
According to The Bollman Hat Company, the solution will help to reduce lead times, increase the accuracy of prototyping and improve the quality of information flow along the production chain.
"The demand that Kangol receives for its head-to-toe lifestyle brand throughout Japan, Europe and the US drives us to find ways to improve our processes for developing product," Bollman global creative director Christopher Swan said.
"Using Freeborders' PLM solutions, we expect to achieve several objectives, including greater efficiencies in product development, reduced travel for our employees and a shorter supply chain."
While the PLM system will initially be launched for the development of Bollman's Kangol product lines, the company is considering rolling it out across the remainder of its operations as its business development plans expand.
Freeborders PLM solutions are utilised by companies including Gap, J Crew, Lands' End and Liz Claiborne.
Companies: Gap Inc
Apparel giant Gap Inc says it will open two branches of its Banana Republic chain in Tokyo later this summer....
Colombia clothing chain Ensenada has opened two stores under the US giant Liz Claiborne's banner in the Colombian capital Bogota, and industrial centre Medellin. ...
US apparel giant Gap Inc has reported a slump in first-quarter income, after its namesake division saw poor sales of women's spring collections....
Fashion apparel and accessories company Liz Claiborne Inc has made a number of senior leadership appointments and organisational changes in line with its growth strategies....
Clothing and apparel company Liz Claiborne said first-quarter earnings grew 4 per cent after the company made better-than-predicted sales on its diversification strategy....
Gap has announced that in addition to its 18 Gap stores to be opened in Japan this year it will open five Banana Republic stores in Tokyo....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has announced that its new women's retail division will be called Forth & Towne, alongside revealing a number of strategic growth initiatives....
Apparel giant Gap Inc has named Cynthia Harriss, currently president of Gap Inc Outlet, as new president of the Gap brand....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022