SWEDEN: Kappahl names Johan Åberg new CEO
Johan Åberg has been named as the new president and chief executive officer of Nordic fashion chain KappAhl, and is set to join the company at the beginning of 2012.
He is joining the retailer from Jula AB, where he has been CEO for the past 2.5 years, and will replace Christian Jansson.
"We are very pleased to have found an experienced and competent successor in Johan," says company chairman Finn Johnsson. "His vast knowledge of the retail business and great improvements of results in the companies he has been working with will be of great value for KappAhl."
KappAhl has more than 370 stores in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland and the Czech Republi, and designs and sells value-for-money fashion for women aged 30-50 years. During its last financial year the company had sales of nearly SEK5bn (US$752m), with an operating profit of SEK222m.
The European Union (EU) has launched a new programme in Pakistan to support the development of a sustainable cotton supply chain from the farm to final product - including links with leading retailers...
Top stories on just-style last week included the numbers of retailers collapsing into administration increased by 15%, JCPenney cutting 600 jobs at its headquarters and 48 apparel brands and retailers...
Fashion retailer H&M Hennes & Mauritz has reiterated its commitment to buying 100% of its cotton from more sustainable sources by 2020....
Hong Kong based Trinity Ltd, part of global sourcing giant Li & Fung, has bought UK men's wear brand Gieves & Hawkes in a deal worth up to GBP92.5m (US$147.6m)....
Michael Dastugue, CFO of US department store retailer JC Penney, will leave the company this week and is to be replaced by COO Michael Kramer on an interim basis. ...
Some 48 apparel brands and retailers including H&M, Nike, Wal-Mart, Levi's, Adidas, Gap and Marks & Spencer have been accused of purchasing clothing from suppliers who illegally discharge polluted wat...
Global consumer goods and logistics giant Li & Fung has won a new multi-year licence to sell apparel and accessories under the US Polo Assn brand in China....
Labour rights organisations are calling for a full investigation after an activist and former apparel worker was found tortured and killed outside Dhaka....
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details