KappAhl names new VP of assortment and design
Nordic value fashion retailer KappAhl has tapped & Other Stories assortment/purchasing manager Maria Segergren as its new vice president of assortment and design.
Joining the group in September, Segergren is tasked with leading the process of developing KappAhl's design and range, and creating "clear and attractive" women's wear.
Her extensive experience in product line development has been gained within the H&M Group, of which & Other Stories is one of the brands.
"I look forward to contributing in the process of developing an inspiring, clear and sustainable assortment for KappAhl's customers. Creating fashion that lasts over time, that also addresses many people, is something I'm really passionate about," she says.
KappAhl has close to 380 stores in Sweden, Norway, Finland and Poland, with sales of SEK4.6bn (US$570m) in 2014/2015. Sustainability-labeled fashion accounts for roughly one quarter of the range.
In November last year the company tapped former H&M executive Danny Feltmann Espersen as its new president and CEO.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Nordic value fashion retailer KappAhl is preparing to launch a sustainable denim collection next year, produced using Better Cotton. ...
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Target Corp, Foot Locker
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Adidas unveils "revolutionary" marathon shoe
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022