SWEDEN: Kappahl “on right path” after Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit of SEK115m, versus SEK11m loss last year
- Net sales up 4.4% to SEK1.245bn
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer Kappahl returned to profit in the first quarter of its fiscal year, thanks to a 4.4% sales increase and a 3% rise in comparable store sales.
The Swedish company recorded a 4.9 percentage point increase in gross margin and kept control over its costs, despite opening 14 new stores.
It also posted a capital gain of SEK77m (US$11.9m) thanks to the sale of company-owned property, Kappahl said.
“It’s a little too early to say this is a new positive trend for the company, but it’s quite clear there are strong signals indicating we are on the right path,” said Johan Åberg, Kappahl president and CEO.
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
KappAhl will seek to consolidate its market position through the development of collections best suited to the demands and wants of its core consumer group, namely women 30+ with families. The company...
Nordic fashion chain KappAhl has today (28 June) returned to profit during its third-quarter, helped by higher sales in all business areas....
Apparel Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains des...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- VF taps Nike exec to lead innovation centres
- Bagir to invest in Ethiopia as H1 loss deepens
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details