SWEDEN: Kappahl “on right path” after Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit of SEK115m, versus SEK11m loss last year
- Net sales up 4.4% to SEK1.245bn
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer Kappahl returned to profit in the first quarter of its fiscal year, thanks to a 4.4% sales increase and a 3% rise in comparable store sales.
The Swedish company recorded a 4.9 percentage point increase in gross margin and kept control over its costs, despite opening 14 new stores.
It also posted a capital gain of SEK77m (US$11.9m) thanks to the sale of company-owned property, Kappahl said.
“It’s a little too early to say this is a new positive trend for the company, but it’s quite clear there are strong signals indicating we are on the right path,” said Johan Åberg, Kappahl president and CEO.
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
KappAhl will seek to consolidate its market position through the development of collections best suited to the demands and wants of its core consumer group, namely women 30+ with families. The company...
Nordic fashion chain KappAhl has today (28 June) returned to profit during its third-quarter, helped by higher sales in all business areas....
Håkan Westin has stepped down as the chief financial officer of Nordic fashion chain KappAhl....
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Lesotho risks garment job losses if AGOA lapses
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019