SWEDEN: Kappahl “on right path” after Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit of SEK115m, versus SEK11m loss last year
- Net sales up 4.4% to SEK1.245bn
- Comparable store sales up 3%
Fashion retailer Kappahl returned to profit in the first quarter of its fiscal year, thanks to a 4.4% sales increase and a 3% rise in comparable store sales.
The Swedish company recorded a 4.9 percentage point increase in gross margin and kept control over its costs, despite opening 14 new stores.
It also posted a capital gain of SEK77m (US$11.9m) thanks to the sale of company-owned property, Kappahl said.
“It’s a little too early to say this is a new positive trend for the company, but it’s quite clear there are strong signals indicating we are on the right path,” said Johan Åberg, Kappahl president and CEO.
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
KappAhl will seek to consolidate its market position through the development of collections best suited to the demands and wants of its core consumer group, namely women 30+ with families. The company...
Nordic fashion chain KappAhl has today (28 June) returned to profit during its third-quarter, helped by higher sales in all business areas....
Håkan Westin has stepped down as the chief financial officer of Nordic fashion chain KappAhl....
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead