SWEDEN: KappAhl Q1 profit halves on warm autumn
- Q1 profit of SEK62m, down 46%
- Sales fell 0.2% to SEK1.24bn
- Gross margin flat at 63.3%
Swedish fashion chain KappAhl has today (14 January) reported a 46% decline in first-quarter net profit, after a warm autumn weighed on sales of cold-weather clothing.
Net profit stood at SEK62m (US$9.6m) for the three months to November, down 46% from SEK115m in the same period of the prior year.
Sales fell 2% to SEK1.24bn, compared to SEK1.25bn in the previous year, weighed down by the impact of new and closed stores, change in comparable stores and currency effects. Gross margin, meanwhile, remained flat at 63.3%.
President and CEO Johan Åberg said: The warm autumn brought sales challenges for KappAhl and the rest of the industry.
"Now we have the results of the first quarter, September-November, we can see that KappAhl, despite this, is delivering figures on a level with the previous year."
The winding up of the company's operations in the Czech Republic, which was first announced last October, has gone according to plan, Åberg added.
More than 160 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
KappAhl will continue to consolidate its position in Sweden going forward with a deliberate focus on serving its core consumer group: women aged 30+ with families....
KappAhl will seek to consolidate its market position through the development of collections best suited to the demands and wants of its core consumer group, namely women 30+ with families. The company...
Norway's Consumer Council is calling on the authorities and apparel industry for a "more aggressive" approach after banned chemicals were found in clothing....
Kappahl AS’s primary goal is to offer low priced clothing for men and women from age 30 to 50. However, it also offers clothing for younger consumers and children. In order to meet Norwegian tastes, c...
Menswear in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descripti...
Menswear in Sweden industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descripti...
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies