SWEDEN: KappAhl Q1 profit halves on warm autumn
- Q1 profit of SEK62m, down 46%
- Sales fell 0.2% to SEK1.24bn
- Gross margin flat at 63.3%
Swedish fashion chain KappAhl has today (14 January) reported a 46% decline in first-quarter net profit, after a warm autumn weighed on sales of cold-weather clothing.
Net profit stood at SEK62m (US$9.6m) for the three months to November, down 46% from SEK115m in the same period of the prior year.
Sales fell 2% to SEK1.24bn, compared to SEK1.25bn in the previous year, weighed down by the impact of new and closed stores, change in comparable stores and currency effects. Gross margin, meanwhile, remained flat at 63.3%.
President and CEO Johan Åberg said: The warm autumn brought sales challenges for KappAhl and the rest of the industry.
"Now we have the results of the first quarter, September-November, we can see that KappAhl, despite this, is delivering figures on a level with the previous year."
The winding up of the company's operations in the Czech Republic, which was first announced last October, has gone according to plan, Åberg added.
More than 220 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in ...
Apparel Retail in Finland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also ...
Apparel Retail in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also c...
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Myanmar textile association to lift garment makers
- US Q2 in brief - The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis