USA: Karen Katz Appointed to Lead Neiman Marcus Direct
The Neiman Marcus Group (NYSE: NMG/A, NMG/B) today announced that Karen Katz has been named president and chief executive officer of Neiman Marcus Direct, the company's catalogue and e-commerce direct marketing business. She succeeds Sharen Jester Turney, who is leaving the company to accept a new opportunity. Ms. Katz, 43, will report directly to Burton M. Tansky, president and chief operating officer of The Neiman Marcus Group. She has 15 years of experience at Neiman Marcus in positions of increasing responsibility. Most recently, as Executive Vice President, NM Stores, she had operating management responsibility for all Neiman Marcus stores. "Karen's leadership, merchandising and management skills have contributed to her successful career record at Neiman Marcus," said Burton M. Tansky, president and chief operating officer of The Neiman Marcus Group. "Her broad skills and experience will help The Neiman Marcus Group take the next positive step forward as we pursue an integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy." "Sharen has made many contributions as a merchant and as an operating manager during her 11-year career with Neiman Marcus. We wish her the best as she undertakes the next major step in her career," said Mr. Tansky. The Neiman Marcus Group includes specialty retail stores, which consist of Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman, and NM Direct, the company's direct marketing operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020