USA: Karen Katz Appointed to Lead Neiman Marcus Direct
The Neiman Marcus Group (NYSE: NMG/A, NMG/B) today announced that Karen Katz has been named president and chief executive officer of Neiman Marcus Direct, the company's catalogue and e-commerce direct marketing business. She succeeds Sharen Jester Turney, who is leaving the company to accept a new opportunity. Ms. Katz, 43, will report directly to Burton M. Tansky, president and chief operating officer of The Neiman Marcus Group. She has 15 years of experience at Neiman Marcus in positions of increasing responsibility. Most recently, as Executive Vice President, NM Stores, she had operating management responsibility for all Neiman Marcus stores. "Karen's leadership, merchandising and management skills have contributed to her successful career record at Neiman Marcus," said Burton M. Tansky, president and chief operating officer of The Neiman Marcus Group. "Her broad skills and experience will help The Neiman Marcus Group take the next positive step forward as we pursue an integrated, multi-channel marketing strategy." "Sharen has made many contributions as a merchant and as an operating manager during her 11-year career with Neiman Marcus. We wish her the best as she undertakes the next major step in her career," said Mr. Tansky. The Neiman Marcus Group includes specialty retail stores, which consist of Neiman Marcus Stores and Bergdorf Goodman, and NM Direct, the company's direct marketing operation.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack