UK: Karen Millen appoints Mathews as commercial head
Nicola Carr Mathews becomes commercial director for Karen Millen
UK clothing retailer Karen Millen has appointed Nicola Carr Mathews as its commercial director.
Having most recently worked with online children's wear brand ilovegorgeous.com, Mathews takes over from Steve Price with immediate effect. He is stepping down from his role as chief trading officer at the end of fiscal 2013.
Originally from the US, Mathews began her career as a financial analyst at Merrill Lynch, before moving to Gap in 2002 to work in merchandise planning. She later joined LK Bennett as merchandise manager, before joining Hobbs as head of merchandising in 2009 and then Jacques Vert until its sale in 2012 to Sun Capital.
"I am delighted to welcome Nicola to the business," said CEO Mike Shearwood. "She has a huge wealth of experience in the retail sector and is a superb addition to the management team.
"Her appointment is particularly timely as we continue our international expansion and the business will undoubtedly benefit from her many years of working across international businesses and global fashion brands."
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- Ultimate frontier Myanmar uplifts Bogart Lingerie
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Are apparel prices really rising?
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Direct sourcing helps M&S narrow the gap with Next
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Nike accelerates digital strategy with new hire
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Practical Price Negotiation
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020