UK: Karen Millen appoints Mathews as commercial head
Nicola Carr Mathews becomes commercial director for Karen Millen
UK clothing retailer Karen Millen has appointed Nicola Carr Mathews as its commercial director.
Having most recently worked with online children's wear brand ilovegorgeous.com, Mathews takes over from Steve Price with immediate effect. He is stepping down from his role as chief trading officer at the end of fiscal 2013.
Originally from the US, Mathews began her career as a financial analyst at Merrill Lynch, before moving to Gap in 2002 to work in merchandise planning. She later joined LK Bennett as merchandise manager, before joining Hobbs as head of merchandising in 2009 and then Jacques Vert until its sale in 2012 to Sun Capital.
"I am delighted to welcome Nicola to the business," said CEO Mike Shearwood. "She has a huge wealth of experience in the retail sector and is a superb addition to the management team.
"Her appointment is particularly timely as we continue our international expansion and the business will undoubtedly benefit from her many years of working across international businesses and global fashion brands."
Canadean's "Debenhams plc : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, ...
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket