UK: Karen Millen appoints Mathews as commercial head
Nicola Carr Mathews becomes commercial director for Karen Millen
UK clothing retailer Karen Millen has appointed Nicola Carr Mathews as its commercial director.
Having most recently worked with online children's wear brand ilovegorgeous.com, Mathews takes over from Steve Price with immediate effect. He is stepping down from his role as chief trading officer at the end of fiscal 2013.
Originally from the US, Mathews began her career as a financial analyst at Merrill Lynch, before moving to Gap in 2002 to work in merchandise planning. She later joined LK Bennett as merchandise manager, before joining Hobbs as head of merchandising in 2009 and then Jacques Vert until its sale in 2012 to Sun Capital.
"I am delighted to welcome Nicola to the business," said CEO Mike Shearwood. "She has a huge wealth of experience in the retail sector and is a superb addition to the management team.
"Her appointment is particularly timely as we continue our international expansion and the business will undoubtedly benefit from her many years of working across international businesses and global fashion brands."
- Why TPP implementation is far from a done deal
- Common themes unite Inditex and H&M supply chains
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- US apparel retailers' September 2015 sales roundup
- Cambodia leads US apparel import growth in August
- Cambodia sets new minimum wage at US$140
- Change at Banana Republic as Gap sales fall
- Unions discuss strike action over Cambodia wage
- Under Armour to open SEAMS Conference
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields