UK: Karen Millen appoints retail directors for Europe and UK
British clothing brand Karen Millen has appointed Becky Bateman as retail director for the UK and Ireland and Pilar LaCave as retail director for Europe.
Bateman, who joins the company in January, will lead the Karen Millen brand in domestic markets, while LaCave will head the international business in Europe from November.
Prior to serving as retail director at clothing and accessories retailer Fat Face, Bateman held senior roles at Topshop, Topman and Laura Ashley. LaCave has previously worked for Diesel, Burberry, Inditex and Hugo Boss.
Gemma Metheringham, MD of Karen Millen, said: "With 100 stores across the UK, continuing to offer the best brand experience to our loyal domestic clients is as important to us as supporting the continued growth of our European business, where our store portfolio has increased by a third in the past two years to over 100 stores."
The retailer, which has more than 350 stores and concessions globally, said the appointments will help drive the brand forward.
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany. ...
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019