UK: Karen Millen appoints retail directors for Europe and UK
British clothing brand Karen Millen has appointed Becky Bateman as retail director for the UK and Ireland and Pilar LaCave as retail director for Europe.
Bateman, who joins the company in January, will lead the Karen Millen brand in domestic markets, while LaCave will head the international business in Europe from November.
Prior to serving as retail director at clothing and accessories retailer Fat Face, Bateman held senior roles at Topshop, Topman and Laura Ashley. LaCave has previously worked for Diesel, Burberry, Inditex and Hugo Boss.
Gemma Metheringham, MD of Karen Millen, said: "With 100 stores across the UK, continuing to offer the best brand experience to our loyal domestic clients is as important to us as supporting the continued growth of our European business, where our store portfolio has increased by a third in the past two years to over 100 stores."
The retailer, which has more than 350 stores and concessions globally, said the appointments will help drive the brand forward.
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany. ...
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Outdoor industry's future must be more inclusive
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Coats to open new zip factory in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam