UK: Karen Millen appoints retail directors for Europe and UK
British clothing brand Karen Millen has appointed Becky Bateman as retail director for the UK and Ireland and Pilar LaCave as retail director for Europe.
Bateman, who joins the company in January, will lead the Karen Millen brand in domestic markets, while LaCave will head the international business in Europe from November.
Prior to serving as retail director at clothing and accessories retailer Fat Face, Bateman held senior roles at Topshop, Topman and Laura Ashley. LaCave has previously worked for Diesel, Burberry, Inditex and Hugo Boss.
Gemma Metheringham, MD of Karen Millen, said: "With 100 stores across the UK, continuing to offer the best brand experience to our loyal domestic clients is as important to us as supporting the continued growth of our European business, where our store portfolio has increased by a third in the past two years to over 100 stores."
The retailer, which has more than 350 stores and concessions globally, said the appointments will help drive the brand forward.
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany. ...
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras