UK: Karen Millen appoints retail directors for Europe and UK
British clothing brand Karen Millen has appointed Becky Bateman as retail director for the UK and Ireland and Pilar LaCave as retail director for Europe.
Bateman, who joins the company in January, will lead the Karen Millen brand in domestic markets, while LaCave will head the international business in Europe from November.
Prior to serving as retail director at clothing and accessories retailer Fat Face, Bateman held senior roles at Topshop, Topman and Laura Ashley. LaCave has previously worked for Diesel, Burberry, Inditex and Hugo Boss.
Gemma Metheringham, MD of Karen Millen, said: "With 100 stores across the UK, continuing to offer the best brand experience to our loyal domestic clients is as important to us as supporting the continued growth of our European business, where our store portfolio has increased by a third in the past two years to over 100 stores."
The retailer, which has more than 350 stores and concessions globally, said the appointments will help drive the brand forward.
Fashion retail group Arcadia is reportedly planning to open its first Topshop stores in Germany. ...
French apparel and luxury group PPR has acquired a 51% stake in designer brand Christopher Kane in order to help develop the business....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields