US: Karen Neuburger returns to namesake brand
Designer Karen Neuburger is to make a return to her namesake sleepwear brand after three years, as part of a deal with apparel maker Delta Galil Industries Ltd, which owns the line.
She will work as a design consultant on the KN Karen Neuburger brand, overseeing several new initiatives aimed at expanding the label.
"We are thrilled to welcome Karen back to the brand," said Victoria Vandagriff, president of Delta Galil division D2 Brands. "She built the brand from the ground up and put the concept of comfortable "All Day" sleepwear on the map. We see so much opportunity and look forward to expanding the brand."
Neuburger developed her namesake line of comfy pyjamas in the early 1990s. The brand eventually expanded into multiple categories including home furnishings, socks, bath and body, and scrapbooking. Neuburger took a hiatus from the business in 2009.
Israel-based underwear manufacturer Delta Galil posted a second-quarter net income increase on the back of strong sales. ...
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- Better Cotton Initiative “racing” to 2020 target
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- Cotton “too diverse” for fixed sustainability plan
- Three tipping points for RFID in fashion
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launched
- Nike criticised over Vietnam sourcing ethics
- Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks
- Wal-Mart silent on Rana Plaza lawsuit
- Sae-A sets up Costa Rica's first spinning mill