GERMANY: Karstadt appoints divisional chiefs
German department store Karstadt has appointed new management for its premium and sports divisions as part of its ongoing restructuring plan.
Karstadt, which has been simplifying its structures and processes for long-term efficiency over the last two years, has appointed André Maeder as chief retail officer and Roland Armbruster as COO and CFO for its premium unit.
In its sports division, Simon Rider will take the role of CEO and head of sales and HR. The appointment of a CFO is under way, the company said.
Last month, Karstadt appointed Ikea executive Eva-Lotta Sjostedt as group CEO.
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- VF Corp bullish for second-half growth
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- VF Corp books "solid" Q2 performance
- Weatherproof jackets release harmful chemicals"
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies