GERMANY: Karstadt appoints divisional chiefs
German department store Karstadt has appointed new management for its premium and sports divisions as part of its ongoing restructuring plan.
Karstadt, which has been simplifying its structures and processes for long-term efficiency over the last two years, has appointed André Maeder as chief retail officer and Roland Armbruster as COO and CFO for its premium unit.
In its sports division, Simon Rider will take the role of CEO and head of sales and HR. The appointment of a CFO is under way, the company said.
Last month, Karstadt appointed Ikea executive Eva-Lotta Sjostedt as group CEO.
- Myanmar - right time, right place, new challenges
- 3D printing gears up for fashion industry change
- Apparel working conditions linked to profit
- Cutting pollution saves China textile mills money
- Adidas worker hotline bridges communication gap
- China cotton imports to rise as Xinjiang cuts crop
- Crystal first China licensee of RevoLaze tech
- Thailand project to vertically integrate clothing
- Cambodia growth to slow on competition and cost
- Traceable label offers textile transparency