GERMANY: Karstadt appoints divisional chiefs
German department store Karstadt has appointed new management for its premium and sports divisions as part of its ongoing restructuring plan.
Karstadt, which has been simplifying its structures and processes for long-term efficiency over the last two years, has appointed André Maeder as chief retail officer and Roland Armbruster as COO and CFO for its premium unit.
In its sports division, Simon Rider will take the role of CEO and head of sales and HR. The appointment of a CFO is under way, the company said.
Last month, Karstadt appointed Ikea executive Eva-Lotta Sjostedt as group CEO.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019