GERMANY: Karstadt appoints divisional chiefs
German department store Karstadt has appointed new management for its premium and sports divisions as part of its ongoing restructuring plan.
Karstadt, which has been simplifying its structures and processes for long-term efficiency over the last two years, has appointed André Maeder as chief retail officer and Roland Armbruster as COO and CFO for its premium unit.
In its sports division, Simon Rider will take the role of CEO and head of sales and HR. The appointment of a CFO is under way, the company said.
Last month, Karstadt appointed Ikea executive Eva-Lotta Sjostedt as group CEO.
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Delta Galil buys VF Corp premium brands for $120m
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape