GERMANY: Karstadt appoints divisional chiefs
German department store Karstadt has appointed new management for its premium and sports divisions as part of its ongoing restructuring plan.
Karstadt, which has been simplifying its structures and processes for long-term efficiency over the last two years, has appointed André Maeder as chief retail officer and Roland Armbruster as COO and CFO for its premium unit.
In its sports division, Simon Rider will take the role of CEO and head of sales and HR. The appointment of a CFO is under way, the company said.
Last month, Karstadt appointed Ikea executive Eva-Lotta Sjostedt as group CEO.
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Hanesbrands sourcing to cut Pacific Brands costs
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Lindex planning supplier sustainability scorecard
- US Q1 in brief: VF Corp, Carter's, Skechers
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards