GERMANY: Karstadt CFO Fraszczak resigns
Harald Fraszczak, the chief financial officer of German department store retailer Karstadt, has resigned, the company confirmed today (15 November).
The retailer is in the midst of a strategic restructuring to try to turnaround its business, and plans to cut 2,000 jobs by the end of 2014.
In August it also made a number of appointments in its fashion and merchandising department. Jane Munro-Hall was named the new head of women's fashion, while Simone Heift was appointed fashion director.
Deborah Klein was hired as head of women's accessories, lingerie, shoes and stockings and Andre Mannebach was named head merchandise planning.
- M&S to launch supply chain human rights policy
- VF pushes ahead on chemicals management
- M&S project benefits garment worker health
- Can the Gap brand reclaim its iconic status?
- Key pieces of US trade agenda signed into law
- China cotton stockpile auction may shake up market
- C&A to add "accurate fit" label to garments
- US retail landscape "mediocre" over next 5 years
- Over 8,000 children in Delhi garment industry
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day