GERMANY: Karstadt CFO Fraszczak resigns
Harald Fraszczak, the chief financial officer of German department store retailer Karstadt, has resigned, the company confirmed today (15 November).
The retailer is in the midst of a strategic restructuring to try to turnaround its business, and plans to cut 2,000 jobs by the end of 2014.
In August it also made a number of appointments in its fashion and merchandising department. Jane Munro-Hall was named the new head of women's fashion, while Simone Heift was appointed fashion director.
Deborah Klein was hired as head of women's accessories, lingerie, shoes and stockings and Andre Mannebach was named head merchandise planning.
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide