GERMANY: Karstadt CFO Fraszczak resigns
Harald Fraszczak, the chief financial officer of German department store retailer Karstadt, has resigned, the company confirmed today (15 November).
The retailer is in the midst of a strategic restructuring to try to turnaround its business, and plans to cut 2,000 jobs by the end of 2014.
In August it also made a number of appointments in its fashion and merchandising department. Jane Munro-Hall was named the new head of women's fashion, while Simone Heift was appointed fashion director.
Deborah Klein was hired as head of women's accessories, lingerie, shoes and stockings and Andre Mannebach was named head merchandise planning.
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase