UK: KarstadtQuelle And TexYard In European Sourcing Link-Up
A strategic alliance that aims to tackle supply chain inefficiencies in the $400 billion European fashion industry has been announced by KarstadtQuelle New Media AG and UK-based portal, TexYard, the online business-to-business (B2B) textiles marketplace. Based in Essen, Germany, KarstadtQuelle New Media is responsible for the e-business strategy of the KarstadtQuelle Group which, as one of Europe's largest clothing manufacturers and retailers, purchases over US$1 billion of garments and textiles each year. In addition to the acquisition of a remarkable equity stake in TexYard, KarstadtQuelle expects to see a significant amount of its future European sourcing handled through the site. The venture also marks the Group's first move into the B2B market, and is an important step in the on-going development of e-business within the parent company.As an independent platform, TexYard (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack