UK: KarstadtQuelle And TexYard In European Sourcing Link-Up
A strategic alliance that aims to tackle supply chain inefficiencies in the $400 billion European fashion industry has been announced by KarstadtQuelle New Media AG and UK-based portal, TexYard, the online business-to-business (B2B) textiles marketplace. Based in Essen, Germany, KarstadtQuelle New Media is responsible for the e-business strategy of the KarstadtQuelle Group which, as one of Europe's largest clothing manufacturers and retailers, purchases over US$1 billion of garments and textiles each year. In addition to the acquisition of a remarkable equity stake in TexYard, KarstadtQuelle expects to see a significant amount of its future European sourcing handled through the site. The venture also marks the Group's first move into the B2B market, and is an important step in the on-going development of e-business within the parent company.As an independent platform, TexYard (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report