UK: KarstadtQuelle And TexYard In European Sourcing Link-Up
A strategic alliance that aims to tackle supply chain inefficiencies in the $400 billion European fashion industry has been announced by KarstadtQuelle New Media AG and UK-based portal, TexYard, the online business-to-business (B2B) textiles marketplace. Based in Essen, Germany, KarstadtQuelle New Media is responsible for the e-business strategy of the KarstadtQuelle Group which, as one of Europe's largest clothing manufacturers and retailers, purchases over US$1 billion of garments and textiles each year. In addition to the acquisition of a remarkable equity stake in TexYard, KarstadtQuelle expects to see a significant amount of its future European sourcing handled through the site. The venture also marks the Group's first move into the B2B market, and is an important step in the on-going development of e-business within the parent company.As an independent platform, TexYard (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022