UK: KarstadtQuelle And TexYard In European Sourcing Link-Up
A strategic alliance that aims to tackle supply chain inefficiencies in the $400 billion European fashion industry has been announced by KarstadtQuelle New Media AG and UK-based portal, TexYard, the online business-to-business (B2B) textiles marketplace. Based in Essen, Germany, KarstadtQuelle New Media is responsible for the e-business strategy of the KarstadtQuelle Group which, as one of Europe's largest clothing manufacturers and retailers, purchases over US$1 billion of garments and textiles each year. In addition to the acquisition of a remarkable equity stake in TexYard, KarstadtQuelle expects to see a significant amount of its future European sourcing handled through the site. The venture also marks the Group's first move into the B2B market, and is an important step in the on-going development of e-business within the parent company.As an independent platform, TexYard (
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020