US: Kate Spade founders pass stake to Neiman Marcus
Handbag firm Kate Spade's founders have sold off their stake in the business to the company's majority owner, retailer Neiman Marcus Group, The New York Post reported.
Neither Kate and Andy Spade nor Neiman have revealed the price of the transaction but the report valued the business at more than US$130m, citing unidentified sources.
The sale of the handbag label was halted in June as the Spades and Neiman discussed terms of the sale deal.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Bluefly, the online retailer of off-price designer fashion brands, has just announced strong growth in revenues and margin levels for the fourth quarter and full year 2006. As more and more apparel ch...
Peter Rizzo resigned Thursday (5 April) as chairman, chief executive officer and a director of IC Isaacs & Co. Robert Stec, a director of the company since 2002, has been appointed interim CEO of the ...
Two US lawmakers are introducing a bill to combat the use of dog and cat fur in clothing, and ban the sale and import of raccoon dog fur, a wild species of dog found in China....
Avoiding a takeover battle and creating a more than US$1bn apparel direct marketing empire, Blair Corp has agreed to be acquired by the Appleseed's Topco subsidiary of Golden Gate Capital for about US...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' December 2006 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Liz Claiborne Inc has completed its acquisition of Kate Spade LLC for US$124m, including the retirement of debt, from Neiman Marcus, adding another trophy to its showcase of acquired brands....
Luxury retailer Neiman Marcus reported sharply lower earnings during its first quarter as costs related to its acquisition by a private-equity consortium more than erased improvements in operating inc...
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has bought the Hollywould shoe, apparel and accessory brand that was founded in 1999 by Holly Dunlap....
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts