JAPAN: Kate Spade to acquire JV partner's stake
Kate Spade New York, the lifestyle brand owned by Fifth & Pacific Companies, has exercised an option to acquire a 51% stake in jointly owned company Kate Spade Japan Co from its Japanese joint venture partner Sanei International Co.
KSJ operates the Kate Spade and Jack Spade businesses in Japan.
The acquisition is subject to a number of conditions, including the completion of financial and other due diligence and the execution of a mutually satisfactory termination agreement, Kate Spade said.
If these conditions are satisfactory, the purchase is expected to be complete in the fourth quarter of 2012. The purchase price is estimated to be between US$45m and $50m, including debt repayment and related transaction fees.
The buyout is not expected to impact the company's adjusted EBITDA for this year.
Fifth & Pacific subsidiary Kate Spade has completed the acquisition of the 51% stake in Kate Spade Japan owned by Japanese joint venture partner Sanei International. ...
US fashion firm Fifth & Pacific has today seen its third-quarter net losses narrow as sales of its Juicy Couture brand continued to struggle....
Kate Spade New York, the lifestyle brand owned by Fifth & Pacific Companies, will unveil its latest clothing brand to the Japanese market in February....
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020