US: Kate Spade to go to Liz Claiborne?
The reported sale price would be about US$120m, the sources said, adding that the terms of the purchase are still under discussion.
Claiborne, which is known for a wide variety apparel brands including Juicy Couture and Sigrid Olson, would benefit from adding a well-known handbag brand to its portfolio.
Kate Spade's founders recently sold off their stake in the business to Neiman Marcus.
The global sportswear market is poised for a shake-up if the proposed acquisition of Puma, the world's third-largest sportswear brand, by French luxury fashion retailer PPR goes ahead. The question fo...
Consumers are increasingly aware of the distance products travel to get to market, and it seems a likely next step that "clothes miles" will become an issue like "food miles." But is sourcing closer t...
Niki Tait reports on the recent International Textile Institute Conference in Sri Lanka, where around 170 delegates heard research papers from textile and apparel university departments around the wor...
Shares of Liz Claiborne lost more than one-sixth of their value in New York Stock Exchange trading Tuesday (1 May) after the diversified apparel marketer reported that its first quarter profits droppe...
Liz Claiborne's profit fell 66% in the first quarter of the year, as it faced up to challenges in its domestic wholesale business and higher markdowns....
Hartmarx Corp is going to take its Hart Schaffner Marx label into lifestyle brand territory, and it's going to lean on its Hickey-Freeman unit to lead the charge....
Peter Rizzo resigned Thursday (5 April) as chairman, chief executive officer and a director of IC Isaacs & Co. Robert Stec, a director of the company since 2002, has been appointed interim CEO of the ...
American Eagle Outfitters has announced some strategic promotions and an expansion of its leadership team in a bid to fuel growth of its Martin + OSA sportswear concept, the company said....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack