US: Kate Spade to open first Canadian store
Kate Spade New York, the lifestyle brand owned by Fifth & Pacific Companies, will open its first store in Canada in November.
The 839 sq ft store at the Yorkdale shopping centre in Toronto will include Kate Spade New York ready to wear clothes, fashion accessories, handbags, shoes, jewellery, home and cosmetics.
Earlier this month, Fifth & Pacific Companies (formerly Liz Claiborne Inc) revealed it will buy its Kate Spade Japan business from a joint venture partner, which is part of an ongoing international push for the brand.
Kate Spade New York has 41 stores in the US, 94 international stores and an e-commerce business.
Steven Baginski, chief financial officer of The Children's Place, is leaving the company to pursue other interests after just seven months in the role. ...
Despite ongoing efforts to try to turnaround its business, sales are continuing to slide at US department-store retailer JC Penney Company, according to its latest third-quarter results....
Fifth & Pacific subsidiary Kate Spade has completed the acquisition of the 51% stake in Kate Spade Japan owned by Japanese joint venture partner Sanei International. ...
US fashion firm Fifth & Pacific has today seen its third-quarter net losses narrow as sales of its Juicy Couture brand continued to struggle....
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase