US: Kate Spade unveils clothing brand
Fifth & Pacific-owned brand Kate Spade New York is set to unveil a new clothing brand called Kate Spade Saturday.
The brand, which will be launched in Japan during February, will include dresses, jackets, t-shirts, swimwear, footwear and handbags, and is aimed at younger consumers.
The brand is expected to launch in the US and online in spring 2013 and will be available in Brazil in autumn 2013.
A selection of products from the spring launch will be sold on fab.com prior to the US launch. Prices will range from US$25 to $130.
"Through ongoing research, we saw an opportunity in the market to engage a new customer base - one that aspires to be a part of the Kate Spade New York brand. Kate Spade Saturday is born from the core values of Kate Spade New York, but is realised in a new and exciting way for this younger customer," said Craig Leavitt, CEO of Kate Spade New York.
Fifth & Pacific has no plans to take the struggling Juicy Couture brand downmarket as part of efforts to turnaround the business, and instead says it will focus on its own stores and productivity....
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Connected sourcing networks ease payment problems
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Talks underway on Myanmar minimum wage
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- C&A to boost opportunities for women in India
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead