US: Kate Spade unveils clothing brand
Fifth & Pacific-owned brand Kate Spade New York is set to unveil a new clothing brand called Kate Spade Saturday.
The brand, which will be launched in Japan during February, will include dresses, jackets, t-shirts, swimwear, footwear and handbags, and is aimed at younger consumers.
The brand is expected to launch in the US and online in spring 2013 and will be available in Brazil in autumn 2013.
A selection of products from the spring launch will be sold on fab.com prior to the US launch. Prices will range from US$25 to $130.
"Through ongoing research, we saw an opportunity in the market to engage a new customer base - one that aspires to be a part of the Kate Spade New York brand. Kate Spade Saturday is born from the core values of Kate Spade New York, but is realised in a new and exciting way for this younger customer," said Craig Leavitt, CEO of Kate Spade New York.
Fifth & Pacific has no plans to take the struggling Juicy Couture brand downmarket as part of efforts to turnaround the business, and instead says it will focus on its own stores and productivity....
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Ethiopia textile and apparel exports lagging
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024