US: Kate Spade unveils clothing brand
Fifth & Pacific-owned brand Kate Spade New York is set to unveil a new clothing brand called Kate Spade Saturday.
The brand, which will be launched in Japan during February, will include dresses, jackets, t-shirts, swimwear, footwear and handbags, and is aimed at younger consumers.
The brand is expected to launch in the US and online in spring 2013 and will be available in Brazil in autumn 2013.
A selection of products from the spring launch will be sold on fab.com prior to the US launch. Prices will range from US$25 to $130.
"Through ongoing research, we saw an opportunity in the market to engage a new customer base - one that aspires to be a part of the Kate Spade New York brand. Kate Spade Saturday is born from the core values of Kate Spade New York, but is realised in a new and exciting way for this younger customer," said Craig Leavitt, CEO of Kate Spade New York.
Fifth & Pacific has no plans to take the struggling Juicy Couture brand downmarket as part of efforts to turnaround the business, and instead says it will focus on its own stores and productivity....
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
LeAnn Nealz, the president and chief creative officer of Fifth & Pacific's struggling Juicy Couture brand, is to leave the company....
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards
- New loan deal to help upgrade Bangladesh factories