USA: Kayser-Roth Acquires 'HUE(R) Legwear' Brand Name
Commenting on the acquisition, Kevin Toomey, president and CEO of Kayser-Roth said: "The purchase of the HUE Legwear name gives us the ability to be an even stronger power in the legwear industry. We intend to take full advantage of this opportunity to build on the excellent relationships we already have in this vital business."
"We are thrilled to have the opportunity to own and expand the HUE name. During the past two years, the brand has had much success and this will enable us to take HUE to the next level. We will leverage the combination of our sales and marketing strengths, design leadership, and state of the art manufacturing to build on the momentum of this brand," said Julia Townsend, vice president and general manager of Kayser-Roth's department and specialty store group.
Since its inception in 1978, HUE Legwear has been synonymous with colour, fashion and innovation in the industry. A recognised legwear leader, HUE Legwear established many "firsts" in the industry. HUE Legwear is the fastest growing brand in department and specialty stores. The acquisition of the HUE Legwear name underscores Kayser-Roth's commitment to increase growth in the department and specialty store upper-tier class of trade. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Kayser-Roth is the second largest legwear manufacturer and distributor in the United States. Headquartered in Greensboro, NC, Kayser-Roth operates four plants and two distribution centres in North Carolina and Tennessee. Kayser-Roth produces No nonsense Pantyhose and socks and legwear products under the Calvin Klein Hosiery and HUE Legwear names. Other products include Burlington Hosiery and Burlington Socks, Timberland Casual Socks and PrimaSport as well as private label programs for major retailers. Kayser-Roth is owned by the Golden Lady Group in Mantova, Italy.
Companies: Calvin Klein Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Each year the Goldmine Garment Company Ltd produces seven million formal and casual shirts and blouses, 12,000 samples, and turns over US$36 million per year (FOB). Employing around 2,300 people it is...
Cash and carry chain Makro has been prosecuted for selling counterfeit Calvin Klein-branded jeans, despite an earlier out-of-court settlement with the Calvin Klein company....
Luxury label Calvin Klein is set to sign English football star David Beckham as an underwear model in a deal worth £1m, according to industry sources....
New York-based apparel company Warnaco Group has completed the acquisition of Phillips-Van Heusen's Calvin Klein subsidiary businesses in Europe and Asia....
Leading apparel maker Warnaco is to buy the companies that operate the licenses and related wholesale and retail businesses of Calvin Klein jeans and accessories in Europe and Asia for EUR240m (US$286...
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Fashion brand Calvin Klein Inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of apparel group Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, has signed a deal with Fingen SpA to make and distribute the Calvin Klein Collection brand w...
Calvin Klein Inc has signed a licensing agreement with G-III Apparel Group Ltd for women's better suits in the United States, Canada, and Mexico....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022