USA: Kayser-Roth Acquires 'HUE(R) Legwear' Brand Name
Kayser-Roth Corporation, an affiliate of the Golden Lady Group, today announced that it had purchased the HUE Legwear brand name from Leslie Fay. HUE Legwear is the US's second leading casual legwear resource and is sold exclusively in major department and specialty stores nationwide.Commenting on the acquisition, Kevin Toomey, president and CEO of Kayser-Roth said: "The purchase of the HUE Legwear name gives us the ability to be an even stronger power in the legwear industry. We intend to take full advantage of this opportunity to build on the excellent relationships we already have in this vital business.""We are thrilled to have the opportunity to own and expand the HUE name. During the past two years, the brand has had much success and this will enable us to take HUE to the next level. We will leverage the combination of our sales and marketing strengths, design leadership, and state of the art manufacturing to build on the momentum of this brand," said Julia Townsend, vice president and general manager of Kayser-Roth's department and specialty store group.Since its inception in 1978, HUE Legwear has been synonymous with colour, fashion and innovation in the industry. A recognised legwear leader, HUE Legwear established many "firsts" in the industry. HUE Legwear is the fastest growing brand in department and specialty stores. The acquisition of the HUE Legwear name underscores Kayser-Roth's commitment to increase growth in the department and specialty store upper-tier class of trade. The purchase price was not disclosed.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar