US: Keeps duty on Chinese wire hangers
The US International Trade Commission (USITC) is to keep an anti-dumping duty order on steel wire garment hangers imported from China.
Revoking the existing anti-dumping duty order would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of material injury within a reasonably foreseeable time, USITC said.
All six Commissioners voted to keep the duty.
The move comes under the five-year (sunset) review process required by the Uruguay Round Agreements Act.
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- COMMENT: The decline of the buying office
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket