US: Keeps duty on Chinese wire hangers
The US International Trade Commission (USITC) is to keep an anti-dumping duty order on steel wire garment hangers imported from China.
Revoking the existing anti-dumping duty order would be likely to lead to continuation or recurrence of material injury within a reasonably foreseeable time, USITC said.
All six Commissioners voted to keep the duty.
The move comes under the five-year (sunset) review process required by the Uruguay Round Agreements Act.
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Wal-Mart simplifies management structure