US: Kellwood appoints Babins for supply chain role
Marc Babins, president, Kellwood Western Region
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has appointed industry veteran Marc Babins as president of its western region, with responsibility for the group's global supply chain.
Babins, previously senior VP of strategic sourcing and product development at Destination Maternity, will head up Kellwood's largest operational unit.
He will be responsible for the company's global supply chain including technical design, strategic sourcing, production, customer service, logistics and distribution management. He will also will partner with the group and division presidents to drive the growth of the contemporary, junior, missy and private label businesses.
Prior to his time with Destination Maternity, Babins was SVP of product development and sourcing for Aéropostale. He also spent time at Limited Brands, where he was SVP of global manufacturing.
"We are delighted to have Marc join us at the helm of Kellwood Western Region, which is a critical component in fulfilling our strategic vision for the company," said Kellwood CEO Lynn Shanahan. "Marc's expertise adds value to Kellwood on many levels. He is an industry leader who has a proven track record of success in virtually all aspects of the apparel industry, including product development, sourcing, production, supply chain management and quality assurance."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts