US: Kellwood appoints Babins for supply chain role
Marc Babins, president, Kellwood Western Region
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has appointed industry veteran Marc Babins as president of its western region, with responsibility for the group's global supply chain.
Babins, previously senior VP of strategic sourcing and product development at Destination Maternity, will head up Kellwood's largest operational unit.
He will be responsible for the company's global supply chain including technical design, strategic sourcing, production, customer service, logistics and distribution management. He will also will partner with the group and division presidents to drive the growth of the contemporary, junior, missy and private label businesses.
Prior to his time with Destination Maternity, Babins was SVP of product development and sourcing for Aéropostale. He also spent time at Limited Brands, where he was SVP of global manufacturing.
"We are delighted to have Marc join us at the helm of Kellwood Western Region, which is a critical component in fulfilling our strategic vision for the company," said Kellwood CEO Lynn Shanahan. "Marc's expertise adds value to Kellwood on many levels. He is an industry leader who has a proven track record of success in virtually all aspects of the apparel industry, including product development, sourcing, production, supply chain management and quality assurance."
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"