US: Kellwood buys Parker contemporary apparel brand
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has acquired Parker, a distinctive player in contemporary apparel.
Kellwood said it was attracted to the brand because of its "incredible design talent and its brand vision". The deal was made for an undisclosed sum.
"By leveraging Kellwood's design expertise, product development, superior sourcing, and distribution capabilities, Parker now has the support it needs to become a lifestyle brand," said CEO Kellwood Lynn Shanahan.
"Working with the outstanding Parker group, we plan to broaden the product category offering and expand its distribution internationally."
Founded in 2008, Parker designs, produces and markets premium contemporary apparel at an accessible price point. Its items are sold in fine department and speciality stores across the US and in 30 countries internationally.
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has sold its outdoor equipment and apparel unit American Recreation Products (ARP) to Exxel Outdoors for an undisclosed sum....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- Apparel buyers point to potential in Africa
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- Australian brands lack supply chain visibility
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Nepal earthquake prompts Bangladesh factory checks
- Indian industry mulling Vietnam textile park?
- Authentic Brands acquires Jones New York