US: Kellwood buys Parker contemporary apparel brand
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has acquired Parker, a distinctive player in contemporary apparel.
Kellwood said it was attracted to the brand because of its "incredible design talent and its brand vision". The deal was made for an undisclosed sum.
"By leveraging Kellwood's design expertise, product development, superior sourcing, and distribution capabilities, Parker now has the support it needs to become a lifestyle brand," said CEO Kellwood Lynn Shanahan.
"Working with the outstanding Parker group, we plan to broaden the product category offering and expand its distribution internationally."
Founded in 2008, Parker designs, produces and markets premium contemporary apparel at an accessible price point. Its items are sold in fine department and speciality stores across the US and in 30 countries internationally.
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- What does supply chain mapping really mean?
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras