US: Kellwood buys Parker contemporary apparel brand
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has acquired Parker, a distinctive player in contemporary apparel.
Kellwood said it was attracted to the brand because of its "incredible design talent and its brand vision". The deal was made for an undisclosed sum.
"By leveraging Kellwood's design expertise, product development, superior sourcing, and distribution capabilities, Parker now has the support it needs to become a lifestyle brand," said CEO Kellwood Lynn Shanahan.
"Working with the outstanding Parker group, we plan to broaden the product category offering and expand its distribution internationally."
Founded in 2008, Parker designs, produces and markets premium contemporary apparel at an accessible price point. Its items are sold in fine department and speciality stores across the US and in 30 countries internationally.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has tapped two industry veterans to drive its global supply chain strategy....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Wearable technology a key trend for 2015
- Retailers react to India forced labour allegations
- Moisture management fabrics enter a new era
- Mexico urges fast-fashion brands to source locally
- COMMENT: Innovation is the name of the game
- Hazardous chemicals found in children's products
- VF rolls out plan to eliminate harmful chemicals
- October "a scary month" for US apparel retailers
- Raising the minimum wage may reduce employment
- UK Primark supplier goes into administration