US: Kellwood buys Parker contemporary apparel brand
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has acquired Parker, a distinctive player in contemporary apparel.
Kellwood said it was attracted to the brand because of its "incredible design talent and its brand vision". The deal was made for an undisclosed sum.
"By leveraging Kellwood's design expertise, product development, superior sourcing, and distribution capabilities, Parker now has the support it needs to become a lifestyle brand," said CEO Kellwood Lynn Shanahan.
"Working with the outstanding Parker group, we plan to broaden the product category offering and expand its distribution internationally."
Founded in 2008, Parker designs, produces and markets premium contemporary apparel at an accessible price point. Its items are sold in fine department and speciality stores across the US and in 30 countries internationally.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Why Inditex is "clear winner" in fast fashion
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Brexit blow to global apparel industry confidence
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Vietnam mulls wage freeze to boost competitiveness
- US Q2 in brief - Carter's, Wolverine Worldwide
- Teijin launches polyester hook-and-loop fastener
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Southeast Asia & Central America strategic sourcing reviews package deal
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis