USA: Kellwood Completes Dorby Frocks Acquisition
Kellwood Company has completed its acquisition of New York-based Dorby Frocks Ltd, according to Hal J. Upbin, Kellwood chairman, president and chief executive officer.With sales in excess of $100 million, Dorby Frocks is known for its high quality branded and private label dresses and career apparel produced by its Dorby and Miss/Lady Dorby divisions. The product is marketed throughout the United States to mass merchants and chain store channels of distribution.The addition of Dorby complements Kellwood's current dress business and expands the company's career offerings for the moderate market in misses, petites, and women's sizes. In addition, Dorby's product lines present Kellwood with a significant opportunity for growth in the junior market, an area in which Kellwood is continuing to develop and build upon."Kellwood is well-respected as an industry leader, for its quality relationships with top retailers, focus on fashion and excellent sourcing and production capabilities," said Richard Golden, Dorby chief executive officer. "Together with our retail relationships and product lines, we anticipate a successful partnership for the future."Golden will remain with Dorby to continue in his present responsibilities. Dorby will continue to operate as a separate entity as it becomes the newest member of the Kellwood family.Kellwood Company (NYSE: KWD) is a $2.2 billion marketer of apparel and recreational camping products. For more about Kellwood, visit the company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022