USA: Kellwood Completes Dorby Frocks Acquisition
With sales in excess of $100 million, Dorby Frocks is known for its high quality branded and private label dresses and career apparel produced by its Dorby and Miss/Lady Dorby divisions. The product is marketed throughout the United States to mass merchants and chain store channels of distribution.
The addition of Dorby complements Kellwood's current dress business and expands the company's career offerings for the moderate market in misses, petites, and women's sizes. In addition, Dorby's product lines present Kellwood with a significant opportunity for growth in the junior market, an area in which Kellwood is continuing to develop and build upon.
"Kellwood is well-respected as an industry leader, for its quality relationships with top retailers, focus on fashion and excellent sourcing and production capabilities," said Richard Golden, Dorby chief executive officer. "Together with our retail relationships and product lines, we anticipate a successful partnership for the future."
Golden will remain with Dorby to continue in his present responsibilities. Dorby will continue to operate as a separate entity as it becomes the newest member of the Kellwood family.
Kellwood Company (NYSE: KWD) is a $2.2 billion marketer of apparel and recreational camping products. For more about Kellwood, visit the company's website at www.kellwood.com
Companies: Kellwood Company
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Calvin Klein women's better sportswear, a division of the Kellwood Company, has named Chris Jackson vice president of design....
Retailer A|X Armani Exchange has selected New Generation Computing Inc's web-based PLM and production tracking system, e-SPS, to streamline and integrate product development and global sourcing....
Apparel company Hampshire Group Limited has acquired the upscale clothing brand David Brooks from Kellwood Company as part of its diversification and expansion strategy....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company is to buy GAV's interests in the Calvin Klein women's better sportswear business - ending a deal whereby GAV managed Calvin Klein women's better sports...
Apparel and soft goods maker Kellwood Company today revealed plans to exit its Kellwood Private Label menswear, Intimate Apparel Group and Kellwood New England labels, and revised its second-quarter a...
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company, which yesterday named Robert Skinner Jr chief executive officer and W Lee Capps III as chief operating officer, has also announced two other appointme...
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has appointed Robert Skinner Jr as its chief executive officer in addition to his current position of president and director....
Apparel and soft goods marketer Kellwood Company has named Michael Saunders as its chief information officer....
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts