US: Kellwood explores sale of Zobha yoga brand
Clothing giant Kellwood Company is exploring new ownership and investment opportunities for its high performance yoga and fitness apparel business, Zobha, two years after buying the brand.
The company, whose brands also include Vince, Rebecca Taylor and David Meister, said the decision is in line with its strategy to divert more time and resources into its larger contemporary and juniors brands.
"Kellwood has helped us develop our retail prototype and grow our brand over the past two years. However, with the new strategy in place we are in agreement that it is time to explore strategic alternatives for the brand," said Zobha founder and creative director Jamie Hanna.
Kellwood CEO Jill Granoff added: "The Zobha team has done a terrific job developing a strong brand proposition, compelling products and engaging marketing strategies.
"While the brand is not a strategic fit for Kellwood given our focus on our larger apparel businesses, we believe Zobha is poised for growth in a highly attractive market segment with the right investment partner."
Kellwood acquired Zobha in July 2011. The brand is available at 425 retail locations including zobha.com, leading fitness studios and clubs in 27 countries.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Private investment firm Sun Capital Partners has sold its stake in infant and children's apparel business Gerber Childrenswear to Providence Apparel....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report