US: Kellwood finds buyer for Zobha brand
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has confirmed that it has found a buyer for its high performance yoga and fitness apparel business, Zobha.
The New York-based company has entered into an agreement to sell Zobha's intellectual property and assets to an undisclosed third party, according to Kellwood chief executive officer Jill Granoff.
Financial details of the deal, however, were not disclosed.
The news comes after Kellwood started exploring strategic alternatives for the brand last month - two years after acquiring it - as part of efforts to focus on its larger contemporary and juniors brands.
Zobha is available at 425 retail locations including zobha.com, leading fitness studios and clubs in 27 countries.
Kellwood also operates retail stores and e-commerce sites for its Vince and Rebecca Taylor brands, as well as the e-commerce store for David Meister.
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has promoted Lynn Shanahan to the role of CEO. ...
Sun Capital-owned luxury apparel brand Vince Holding has raised US$177m from an initial public offering (IPO) of its common stock....
Private investment firm Sun Capital Partners has sold its stake in infant and children's apparel business Gerber Childrenswear to Providence Apparel....
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020