US: Kellwood finds buyer for Zobha brand
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has confirmed that it has found a buyer for its high performance yoga and fitness apparel business, Zobha.
The New York-based company has entered into an agreement to sell Zobha's intellectual property and assets to an undisclosed third party, according to Kellwood chief executive officer Jill Granoff.
Financial details of the deal, however, were not disclosed.
The news comes after Kellwood started exploring strategic alternatives for the brand last month - two years after acquiring it - as part of efforts to focus on its larger contemporary and juniors brands.
Zobha is available at 425 retail locations including zobha.com, leading fitness studios and clubs in 27 countries.
Kellwood also operates retail stores and e-commerce sites for its Vince and Rebecca Taylor brands, as well as the e-commerce store for David Meister.
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has promoted Lynn Shanahan to the role of CEO. ...
Sun Capital-owned luxury apparel brand Vince Holding has raised US$177m from an initial public offering (IPO) of its common stock....
Private investment firm Sun Capital Partners has sold its stake in infant and children's apparel business Gerber Childrenswear to Providence Apparel....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015