US: Kellwood names Briggs CEO and COO
Rick Klimberg has been promoted to chief executive officer of the Briggs New York division of Kellwood, succeeding Richard Rosenberg, and John Windham has been named to the new post of president and chief operating officer of the unit.
Robert Skinner, chairman, president and CEO of Kellwood, said that Rosenberg had elected to "step away from his role at Briggs" upon expiration of his employment contract. "While disappointed by Richard's decision, I also respect his desire to pursue other activities."
Klimberg joined Kellwood last February as vice president of new markets and, before that, was vice president and divisional manager of Land N Sea. Earlier in his career, he was the principal of Allison Place Shirt Corp. In his new role, he reports to Skinner.
Windham, who reports to Klimberg, was most recently executive VP of operations for Kellwood's Calvin Klein division. He joined the St. Louis-based company in 1999 as VP of strategic sourcing at the Kellwood Global division. His background in apparel manufacturing and sourcing includes stints with Winder Industries, Leslie Fay and Oxford Industries.
The duo will divide its time between Briggs' showroom in New York and its operations headquarters in Brighton, Massachusetts.
Kellwood acquired Briggs, a supplier of pants, skirts and other women's sportswear for middle-market retailers, in 2003.
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Liz Claiborne has spent the best part of the last two decades buying small, niche-oriented brands. But this week the company ushered in a new era by announcing plans to focus on smaller, more powerful...
Kellwood Company has completed its purchase of upscale children's apparel maker Hanna Andersson Corp for approximately US$175m....
Knitted fabrics manufacturer Pacific Textiles Holdings, which raised HK$1.8bn in an initial public offering in May, has posted a 21% jump in full year profits on rising sales of its high margin produc...
Kellwood Company on Thursday (5 July) said it had completed its purchase of outdoor apparel supplier Royal Robbins from Phoenix Footwear Group for about US$40m....
Calvin Klein Inc is to open five stores for its better-priced Calvin Klein white label later this year, with further retail expansion due in 2008....
In its second acquisition in less than a week, Kellwood Co yesterday (18 June) said it had reached an agreement to acquire outdoor apparel supplier Royal Robbins from Phoenix Footwear Group for about ...
Kellwood Co said late Wednesday (13 June) that it had reached an agreement to acquire upscale children's apparel maker Hanna Andersson Corp for approximately US$175m....
Helen McCluskey, group president of intimate apparel at The Warnaco Group, has added global management of the company's swimwear business to her duties....
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022