US: Kellwood names customer officer for Lifestyle Alliance
Women's wear maker Kellwood Inc has promoted industry veteran Neva Turi to the position of chief customer officer of its Lifestyle Alliance unit.
Turi will be responsible for ensuring the Lifestyle Alliance, which consists of women's mainstream brands such as Sag Harbor, Koret, and Briggs New York, meets the needs of its target consumers.
She replaces Stephen Powers, who is retiring, and moves up from her previous post as senior vice president of merchandising and design which she has held since October 2007 when the division was formed.
Turi joined Kellwood in 2000 as vice president sales and merchandising for Sag Harbor. In 2005, she was promoted to executive vice president merchandising and design for the brand.
Prior to Kellwood, she spent 12 years with Liz Claiborne in various sales and merchandising management roles.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
International Textile Group Inc is realigning its Cone Denim and Burlington WorldWide divisions to create a single business group called ITG Apparel & Specialty Fabrics....
Fashion firm Liz Claiborne Inc is to suspend its quarterly cash dividend indefinitely in an effort to enhance its financial flexibility in a tough retail environment....
US lifestyle retailer Urban Outfitters Inc has named Andrew McLean, the president of Liz Claiborne's outlet division, to the new position of chief operating officer for its European divisions....
Women's wear retailer The Talbots has announced that Michael Scarpa, former chief operating officer and 25-year veteran of Liz Claiborne, has been appointed as chief operating officer and will be its ...
Hong Kong-based sourcing giant Li & Fung Limited has bought German apparel supplier Miles Fashion Group for US$51m, in a move that expands its business both in Europe and in value-priced products....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Private equity firm Sun Capital Partners has moved to acquire Kellwood's Hanna Andersson and Gerber Childrenswear businesses for $179m....
Savile Row fashion house Hardy Amies Plc has been sold to Fung Capital Europe, the private investment arm of Hong Kong sourcing giant Li & Fung, for an undisclosed sum....
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016