US: Kellwood names Jill Granoff as CEO
Granoff will be responsible for the overall growth and direction of Kellwood's brand portfolio, including Vince, Rebecca Taylor, David Meister, BLK DNM, Zobha, Lamb & Flag and Baby Phat. Kellwood said Granoff's broad experience across brands, channels, product categories and geographies will be a "valuable asset" for the company.
Christopher Metz, managing director of Sun Capital Partners, which owns the company, said: "Jill's experience and leadership will add significant value as Kellwood expands its presence in the industry and further grows its brands worldwide."
Granoff replaces former CEO Michael Kramer, who was named chief operating officer for JC Penney Co at the end of last year.
She most recently served as CEO of apparel firm Kenneth Cole Productions. Prior to this, she worked held senior roles at Liz Claiborne and Victoria's Secret Beauty.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Kenneth Cole has completed the acquisition of his eponymous clothing and footwear brand Kenneth Cole Productions. ...
Marcraft Apparel Group has signed a licensing agreement with Lanier Clothes to produce topcoats and rainwear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Product...
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Amazon Prime Day a big win for apparel
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis