USA: Kellwood Q1 Profit Falls 65 Per Cent
Leading apparel manufacturer Kellwood Co on Friday posted a hefty 65 per cent plunge in first quarter net profit compared to the year-ago period amid a sharp fall in sales. The St Louis-based firm said poor sales, particularly of its women's sportswear, was behind the steep fall in net income to $8.6 million from $25.1m in 2001. The figures include an $8.9m provision for business and facilities realignment.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores