USA: Kellwood, Run Athletics In Activewear Deal
Leading apparel manufacturer Kellwood Co on Monday announced it will develop a Run Athletics men's activewear collection for Fall 2003.
The New York-based firm said the deal with Run Athletics LLC will lead to the creation of athletic-styled gear such as jogging suits, T-shirts, sport shorts and baseball caps and other items for sale at specialty and department stores.
Financial details were not disclosed. Run Athletics is owned by Reverend Run, founder of rap group Run DMC, and his brother, Russell Simmons, who founded music label Def Jam Records as well as the popular Phat Farm clothing line.
"Kellwood is excited to partner with the Simmons brothers in this important urban inspired Run Athletics activewear venture," said Robert Skinner Jr, Kellwood corporate vice president.
"The collection is designed with an excellent fit, offering young men affordable street styles with the quality and look they want."
Reverend Run added: "We are pleased to be partnering with Kellwood, a major player in the apparel industry. With their commitment to the urban market, we believe Run Athletics activewear will be a phenomenal success."
Companies: Russell Corporation
Russell Corporation has said it is "disappointed" with its 2005 results, despite reporting a rise in sales and earnings in its fourth quarter....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell is to axe about 2,300 jobs and stop retirement benefits as part of a large-scale restructuring....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell has lowered its full-year profit and sales predictions and said it will take aggressive action in early 2006 to boost its earnings....
Scottish kilt maker Hector Russell has been acquired by larger competitor Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, which plans to expand the business....
Russell Corporation today blamed delays in the full implementation of CAFTA and the effects of Hurricane Katrina for lower third quarter forecasts....
Athletic and sports goods company Russell Corporation says it is axing the position of president and chief operating officer as part of efforts to flatten its organisational structure....
ASAP Show, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cyber Merchants Exchange, has organised various seminars featuring top apparel executives from US fashion, sourcing and financial fields during its August 28-31...
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020