USA: Kellwood Sells David Brooks, Dotti Units
Apparel group Kellwood has sold off its David Brooks and Dotti apparel divisions, according to president and chief executive officer Robert C Skinner Jr.
The sales are part of several restructuring initiatives by the company announced in July.
Kellwood has sold David Brooks to Hampshire Group, Limited, an apparel manufacturer based in Anderson, South Carolina. The core design and sales team that had been responsible for overseeing David Brooks within Kellwood will remain with the business.
The Dotti business was sold to AH Schrieber Co Inc, a swimwear firm based in New York. Key Dotti personnel have joined AH Schrieber to continue to build the brand.
Negotiations are underway to sell the remaining business units outlined in the July announcement.
Kellwood is a marketer of apparel and consumer soft goods with sales in excess of $2 billion.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016