US: Kellwood signs license for Sam Edelman apparel
The collection will include tops, sweaters, bottoms, dresses and jackets with a similar design aesthetic to Sam Edelman footwear.
It will be distributed to leading department and specialty stores - where Sam Edelman shoes are sold - as well as the brand's retail stores and e-commerce website. The line will be introduced to wholesale partners in February and will launch to consumers in autumn next year.
"We see an incredible opportunity to build the Sam Edelman apparel business for the woman who knows and loves Sam Edelman shoes," noted recently-appointed Kellwood Brands CEO Lynn Shanahan. "We will utilise Kellwood's core strengths and expertise to produce and distribute Sam Edelman apparel worldwide."
The Sam Edelman apparel business will report to Shanahan.
US women's denim brand NYDJ Apparel has been acquired by private equity firms Crestview Partners and Maybrook Capital Partners from Falconhead Capital....
US clothing giant Kellwood Company has promoted Lynn Shanahan to the role of CEO. ...
Sun Capital-owned luxury apparel brand Vince Holding has raised US$177m from an initial public offering (IPO) of its common stock....
Brown Shoe Company today (26 November) raised its full-year earnings guidance after reporting a 12.4% jump in third-quarter profit....
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Can supplier ratings reform purchasing practices?
- UK retailers key to domestic manufacturing growth
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- H&M criticised for India, Cambodia labour abuses
- US Q1 in brief: Buckle, Destination XL
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Victoria's Secret discontinue swimwear to simplify