US: Kenneth Cole board appoints buyout advisor
Kenneth Cole Productions has appointed BofA Merrill Lynch as an advisor to assist it in evaluating a bid made by founder Kenneth Cole to take the company private.
Last week, Cole offered to buy the 53% stake in the company that he doesn't already own for US$15 per share in cash.
In a letter to the board, Cole said he is not interested in a sale of his stake in the company and, with 89% of the voting power, would be unlikely to vote in favour of any alternative sale, merger or similar transaction involving the company.
The committee formed by the company to assess the offer said it delivered a letter to Cole asking him to consider any alternative proposals. Cole responded that he did not intend to change his position.
BofA Merril Lynch will assess the offer and, if the special committee deems it appropriate, will assist it in considering any alternative transactions.
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs....
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June)....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Hanesbrands Q4 performance “disappoints”
- American Apparel exits bankruptcy
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024