US: Kenneth Cole board appoints buyout advisor
Kenneth Cole Productions has appointed BofA Merrill Lynch as an advisor to assist it in evaluating a bid made by founder Kenneth Cole to take the company private.
Last week, Cole offered to buy the 53% stake in the company that he doesn't already own for US$15 per share in cash.
In a letter to the board, Cole said he is not interested in a sale of his stake in the company and, with 89% of the voting power, would be unlikely to vote in favour of any alternative sale, merger or similar transaction involving the company.
The committee formed by the company to assess the offer said it delivered a letter to Cole asking him to consider any alternative proposals. Cole responded that he did not intend to change his position.
BofA Merril Lynch will assess the offer and, if the special committee deems it appropriate, will assist it in considering any alternative transactions.
G-III Apparel Group has acquired men's luxury swimwear and resort-wear brand Vilebrequin from Fashion Fund One. ...
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs....
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June)....
Brooks Brothers and Reliance Brands have announced the formation of a joint venture in India. ...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects