US: Kenneth Cole completes acquisition of Kenneth Cole Productions
Kenneth Cole has completed the acquisition of his eponymous clothing and footwear brand Kenneth Cole Productions.
Cole, who held an approximately 46% stake in the company, acquired the company through KCP Holdco, an entity he controls and that was formed for the purposes of the acquisition.
Shareholders, excluding Cole and his affiliated entities, will receive $15.25 per share in cash.
When Cole made the offer, he said the transaction would ensure the company has the flexibility and structure to "successfully navigate our market environment in the years to come" as recent market changes have created a "sharply competitive landscape".
"I believe it is now more important than ever to embrace a more entrepreneurial perspective where we are all incentivised to grow and develop our company's products, brand and business with a longer-term perspective."
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
Sportswear brand Vince is reportedly exploring an initial public offering (IPO) later this year. ...
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked an increase in nine-month sales....
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- New fibre and fabric innovations for outdoor wear
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- US West Coast port contract reached
- 30% of Adidas cotton from sustainable sources
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Benetton to embark on living wage roadmap
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide