US: Kenneth Cole swings to Q2 loss
- Company swings to Q2 net loss of $3.7m
- Net sales down 4.5% to $87.5m
- Comparable store sales declined 2.7%
New York designer Kenneth Cole Productions has swung to a second-quarter net loss on the back of lower sales and one-off costs.
For the quarter ended 30 June, the company recorded a net loss of US$3.7m, compared to a $579,000 net profit in the same period last year. The group posted a operating loss of $4.2m, compared to a $1.1m operating profit last year.
Net sales declined 4.5% to $87.5m. Wholesale revenues edged down 3.3% to $50.3m as a result of lower demand for private label footwear and Reaction handbags. Consumer direct revenues fell 6.1% to $37.2m due to the operation of two fewer stores and a comparable store sales decline of 2.7%.
During the quarter, the company incurred charges charges linked to a new distribution centre following the insolvency of one of its third-party logistics operators, as well as professional service costs related to a deal led by founder Kenneth Cole to take the company private.
For the half-year, Kenneth Cole's net loss narrowed to $5.6m, compared to $16.6m the same period last year. Operating loss also narrowed to $8m, compared to a $16.1m loss last year. Net sales edged down 2.1% to $195.2m.
Fifth & Pacific Companies has reiterated its commitment to its struggling Juicy Couture brand as the apparel firm outlined its goals and priorities for 2013....
Reliance Retail, the retail arm of industrial conglomerate Reliance Industries, has booked an increase in nine-month sales....
Delta Galil Industries is to be the exclusive licensee of Columbia Sportswear's global sock business beginning with the autumn 2013 season....
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Adidas files trademark suit against Forever 21
- H&M offers $1m grant for sustainable innovations
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019