US: Kenneth Cole to be taken private by founder
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June).
The offer represents a slight increase on the $15 per share offer he made for the company at the end of February. It is a 17% premium on the company's share price on 23 February, the last trading day before Cole's proposal.
Cole holds a 46% stake in Kenneth Cole Productions and will acquire the company through KCP Holdco, an entity created for the acquisition.
When Cole made the offer, he said the transaction would ensure the company has the flexibility and structure to "successfully navigate our market environment in the years to come" as recent market changes have created a "sharply competitive landscape".
"I believe it is now more important than ever to embrace a more entrepreneurial perspective where we are all incentivised to grow and develop our company's products, brand and business with a longer-term perspective.
"I believe it is increasingly difficult to develop this type of culture in a public company context, where the public markets are increasingly focused on short-term results.
"I am convinced that private ownership is in the best interests of the business and the organisation and that this proposal is in the best interests of the shareholders," said Cole.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Kenneth Cole has completed the acquisition of his eponymous clothing and footwear brand Kenneth Cole Productions. ...
Marcraft Apparel Group has signed a licensing agreement with Lanier Clothes to produce topcoats and rainwear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Product...
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Outlook 2015: What keeps you awake at night?
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024