US: Kenneth Cole to be taken private by founder
Kenneth Cole Productions is set to be taken private by founder Kenneth Cole after the company's board approved a US$15.25 per share offer yesterday (6 June).
The offer represents a slight increase on the $15 per share offer he made for the company at the end of February. It is a 17% premium on the company's share price on 23 February, the last trading day before Cole's proposal.
Cole holds a 46% stake in Kenneth Cole Productions and will acquire the company through KCP Holdco, an entity created for the acquisition.
When Cole made the offer, he said the transaction would ensure the company has the flexibility and structure to "successfully navigate our market environment in the years to come" as recent market changes have created a "sharply competitive landscape".
"I believe it is now more important than ever to embrace a more entrepreneurial perspective where we are all incentivised to grow and develop our company's products, brand and business with a longer-term perspective.
"I believe it is increasingly difficult to develop this type of culture in a public company context, where the public markets are increasingly focused on short-term results.
"I am convinced that private ownership is in the best interests of the business and the organisation and that this proposal is in the best interests of the shareholders," said Cole.
The following is a round-up of apparel and footwear news from the world's local media. just-style has not checked these stories so cannot guarantee their accuracy....
Kenneth Cole has completed the acquisition of his eponymous clothing and footwear brand Kenneth Cole Productions. ...
Marcraft Apparel Group has signed a licensing agreement with Lanier Clothes to produce topcoats and rainwear under the Kenneth Cole New York, Kenneth Cole Reaction and Unlisted by Kenneth Cole Product...
UK-based fashion footwear and accessories retailer Dune Group is partnering with Reliance Brands on an exclusive long-term franchise agreement in India....
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015