FRANCE: Kering FY profit plummets on restructuring costs
French luxury goods group Kering has seen its full-year profit slide, hurt by costs related to the restructuring of its Puma sportswear brand and the disposal of its La Redoute mail order business.
The owner of the Gucci, Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent brands said net income tumbled to EUR49.6m (US$68m) during the full year, down from EUR1.05bn in the same period of the prior year.
Non-recurring expenses amounted to nearly EUR443m, which included EUR361m in asset impairment losses - of which EUR280m related to Puma - as well as EUR30m in restructuring costs.
Revenue edged up 0.1% to EUR9.75bn from EUR9.74bn. On a comparable basis, revenue rose 4%.
Sales at the company's luxury division increased 4.2% during the period, with sales at Bottega Veneta and Yves Saint Laurent up a respective 7.5% and 17.8%. Gucci, however, saw sales fall 2.1%. The sport and lifestyle division reported a 8.1% sales decline, with Puma suffering a 8.2% drop.
"As we had anticipated, results are lower in the sport & lifestyle division, amid major changes at Puma aimed at rebuilding the brand's commercial momentum," said chairman and CEO François-Henri Pinault.
"With a coherent international group of strong brands enjoying considerable organic growth potential, we are well positioned to press ahead with our strategy."
The company said it forecasts growth in revenue and operating income in 2014, which will include the relaunch of Puma.
"As a result, we are confident in our ability in 2014 to improve on last year's revenue and recurring operating income performances."
Some 190 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Luxury goods group Kering has promoted Alessandro Michele to the role of creative director for Gucci, taking over from Frida Giannini who last month announced her decision to step down....
This report provides information on the latest developments in: antimicrobial sewing thread; carbon nanotube fibres; compression garments; environmentally friendly finishing treatments; environmentall...
Sports apparel is worn during workouts or any physical exercise to provide the wearer comfort and style. T-shirts, hoodies, shorts, and tracksuits are typical sport-specific apparel used while playing...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Performance apparel set for continued growth
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Sears Holdings cuts 115 corporate jobs
- H&M Q4 mixed but plans 400 new stores
- UK clothing sales see strongest rise in two years
- Companies continue to call for US trade commitment
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead