Kering H1 boosted by Gucci turnaround
- H1 earnings reach EUR465m (US$515.9m)
- Gross margin widens to 63.3%
- Revenues up 3.3% to EUR5.69bn
Gucci boosted Kering's results for H1
Earnings reached EUR465m (US$515.9m) in the first six months of the year, from EUR423m a year earlier. Gross margin widened to 63.3% from 61.7%.
Consolidated revenues for the first half climbed 3.3% to EUR5.69bn from EUR5.51bn in the year ago period, hit slightly by exchange rate fluctuations. Comparable sales growth, however, was solid, in both of Kering's mature markets, led by Western Europe and Japan, and emerging markets.
Gucci was the standout performer for Kering in the first half, with the appointment of new creative director Alessandro Michele last year starting to pay dividends. The brand achieved 3.9% sales growth to EUR1.95bn thanks to a makeover last year and a new management team following a slump in sales.
Puma also shined, with revenue totalling EUR1.69bn, up 5.3% on a reported basis, with gross margin rising sharply at constant exchange rates thanks to price increases and better procurement conditions.
"We are pleased with the performances we have delivered in the first half of 2016," said CEO François-Henri Pinault. "In an environment that remains uncertain, we intend to carry out the steadfast implementation of our strategy and maintain a strict operating and financial discipline; together with the commitment of all our teams, this reinforces our confidence that we will progress along the current growth path."
Kering (formerly known as PPR S.A.) is a retailer of apparel and accessories that design, manufacture and markets products for the Luxury, and Sport and Lifestyle market. The company’s product portfol...
British luxury fashion brand Stella McCartney has revealed its first environmental profit and loss (EP&L) accounts, which place a monetary value on the environmental costs and benefits of business gen...
About Menswear Market Among the various menswear categories, tops accounted for the largest share in 2015, followed by bottom wear; coats, jackets, and suits; and intimates and sleepwear. Over the ye...
Three new reports published today (26 September) suggest the wild harvesting and farming of pythons is ecologically sustainable and results in socioeconomic benefits for poor households in South-East ...
About Women's Apparel Market Women's apparel is the largest segment of the global womenswear market. More than three-fourths of the global womenswear market’s revenue is contributed by the women's ap...
Plimsoll Publishing’s Clothing Manufacturers (GLOBAL) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the UK Clothing Manufacturers (GLOBAL) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis on the top...
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020