FRANCE: Kering report charts sustainability progress
Luxury goods group Kering is “making progress” towards reaching sustainability targets, two years after announcing a four-year programme on tackling environment and social issues.
The owner of Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta said its Progress Report recorded the important milestones already attained in a number of areas, as well as the challenges yet to be overcome by 2016.
The company’s targets aim to cut across the entire supply chain and company operations, covering raw material sourcing, packaging, water, waste and carbon emissions, hazardous chemicals and PVC, and supplier standards.
Achievements include the creation of the Kering Materials Innovation Lab, with a “comprehensive” library of sustainable materials; the launch of Kering’s “Clean by Design” programme for best practices in textile mills; and the development of heavy metal-free tanning processing solutions.
“As a business we need to be smart, adaptive, innovative, and sustainable to understand our risks and continue to seek out opportunities to succeed in the future,” said François-Henri Pinault, Kering chairman and CEO.
“I am pleased with the progress we have made in implementing internal actions and in establishing industry collaborations to help address our main challenges.”
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, and Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
Kering has booked a jump in full-year earnings but warned that the unsettled economic environment and currency trends will continue to have a mixed effect on group results....
Retail value sales of retailing saw double-digit growth in current terms in 2013, despite the slowdown in China’s macroeconomic performance. Though the economy slowed down in China in 2013, the dispos...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry