FRANCE: Kering report charts sustainability progress
Luxury goods group Kering is “making progress” towards reaching sustainability targets, two years after announcing a four-year programme on tackling environment and social issues.
The owner of Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta said its Progress Report recorded the important milestones already attained in a number of areas, as well as the challenges yet to be overcome by 2016.
The company’s targets aim to cut across the entire supply chain and company operations, covering raw material sourcing, packaging, water, waste and carbon emissions, hazardous chemicals and PVC, and supplier standards.
Achievements include the creation of the Kering Materials Innovation Lab, with a “comprehensive” library of sustainable materials; the launch of Kering’s “Clean by Design” programme for best practices in textile mills; and the development of heavy metal-free tanning processing solutions.
“As a business we need to be smart, adaptive, innovative, and sustainable to understand our risks and continue to seek out opportunities to succeed in the future,” said François-Henri Pinault, Kering chairman and CEO.
“I am pleased with the progress we have made in implementing internal actions and in establishing industry collaborations to help address our main challenges.”
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, and Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis