FRANCE: Kering report charts sustainability progress
Luxury goods group Kering is “making progress” towards reaching sustainability targets, two years after announcing a four-year programme on tackling environment and social issues.
The owner of Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta said its Progress Report recorded the important milestones already attained in a number of areas, as well as the challenges yet to be overcome by 2016.
The company’s targets aim to cut across the entire supply chain and company operations, covering raw material sourcing, packaging, water, waste and carbon emissions, hazardous chemicals and PVC, and supplier standards.
Achievements include the creation of the Kering Materials Innovation Lab, with a “comprehensive” library of sustainable materials; the launch of Kering’s “Clean by Design” programme for best practices in textile mills; and the development of heavy metal-free tanning processing solutions.
“As a business we need to be smart, adaptive, innovative, and sustainable to understand our risks and continue to seek out opportunities to succeed in the future,” said François-Henri Pinault, Kering chairman and CEO.
“I am pleased with the progress we have made in implementing internal actions and in establishing industry collaborations to help address our main challenges.”
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
Kering (PP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to b...
Kering has booked a jump in full-year earnings but warned that the unsettled economic environment and currency trends will continue to have a mixed effect on group results....
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019