FRANCE: Kering report charts sustainability progress
Luxury goods group Kering is “making progress” towards reaching sustainability targets, two years after announcing a four-year programme on tackling environment and social issues.
The owner of Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta said its Progress Report recorded the important milestones already attained in a number of areas, as well as the challenges yet to be overcome by 2016.
The company’s targets aim to cut across the entire supply chain and company operations, covering raw material sourcing, packaging, water, waste and carbon emissions, hazardous chemicals and PVC, and supplier standards.
Achievements include the creation of the Kering Materials Innovation Lab, with a “comprehensive” library of sustainable materials; the launch of Kering’s “Clean by Design” programme for best practices in textile mills; and the development of heavy metal-free tanning processing solutions.
“As a business we need to be smart, adaptive, innovative, and sustainable to understand our risks and continue to seek out opportunities to succeed in the future,” said François-Henri Pinault, Kering chairman and CEO.
“I am pleased with the progress we have made in implementing internal actions and in establishing industry collaborations to help address our main challenges.”
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, And Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
Kering (PP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to b...
French luxury goods group Kering has promoted Gianluca Flore to CEO of its Italian men's wear brand Brioni, replacing Francesco Pesci....
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
French luxury goods group Kering has appointed new chief executives for its Bottega Veneta and Christopher Kane brands as part of a management reshuffle....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic Footwear (Aerobic, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, Cross-...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre