FRANCE: Kering report charts sustainability progress
Luxury goods group Kering is “making progress” towards reaching sustainability targets, two years after announcing a four-year programme on tackling environment and social issues.
The owner of Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent and Bottega Veneta said its Progress Report recorded the important milestones already attained in a number of areas, as well as the challenges yet to be overcome by 2016.
The company’s targets aim to cut across the entire supply chain and company operations, covering raw material sourcing, packaging, water, waste and carbon emissions, hazardous chemicals and PVC, and supplier standards.
Achievements include the creation of the Kering Materials Innovation Lab, with a “comprehensive” library of sustainable materials; the launch of Kering’s “Clean by Design” programme for best practices in textile mills; and the development of heavy metal-free tanning processing solutions.
“As a business we need to be smart, adaptive, innovative, and sustainable to understand our risks and continue to seek out opportunities to succeed in the future,” said François-Henri Pinault, Kering chairman and CEO.
“I am pleased with the progress we have made in implementing internal actions and in establishing industry collaborations to help address our main challenges.”
Synopsis Canadean's "Bluefly, Inc. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products an...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Hats, Caps, and Millinery in US$ Million. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Japan, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin Ame...
Kering has booked a jump in full-year earnings but warned that the unsettled economic environment and currency trends will continue to have a mixed effect on group results....
Retail value sales of retailing saw double-digit growth in current terms in 2013, despite the slowdown in China’s macroeconomic performance. Though the economy slowed down in China in 2013, the dispos...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Footwear in US$ Million and Million Pairs by the following Product Categories/Segments: Athletic...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024