FRANCE: Kiabi opens first store in Romania
French value family clothing retailer Kiabi has opened its first store in Romania.
Located in the capital, Bucharest, the 1,500 sq.m outlet employs 30 locally-recruited staff.
Before the end of the first quarter of next year, Kiabi is planning to open two more stores in Bucharest and a further two elsewhere in the country by the end of 2010.
The company's longer term objective is to be operating a chain of around 20 stores in Romania by 2015.
Kiabi posted a 2008 turnover of EUR904.4m, (almost $1,330.6m), up 14% on the previous year, growth being largely driven by the extension of its network of stores in France and abroad.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- Sourcing at MAGIC tackles trade, Africa and speed
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar