AUSTRALIA: KKR makes Pacific Brands approach
Shares in Australian troubled underwear manufacturer Pacific Brands shot up today (10 January) as the company received an unsolicited approach from private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.
Shares in the retailer jumped 14% to A$0.64 a share after reports of the approach broke.
In an Australian Stock Exchange filing, Pacific Brands confirmed that it is engaged in preliminary discussions with KKR regarding a possible acquisition, but that there is "no certainty that these discussions will lead to any agreement being reached between the parties".
In August, Pacific Brands reported an A$131.5m loss for the financial year as it booked some $235.3m in impairment charges relating to non-cash write-downs, one-off transformational costs and divestments. Sales were down 7.3% to $1.6bn.
Pacific Brands is being advised by Flagstaff Partners and Minter Ellison.
In the second of a two-part series, Euromonitor International analyst Bettina Kurnik identifies the appeal of offshore e-tailers over their Australian counterparts, and reviews the way forward for loc...
Troubled Australian apparel and footwear group Pacific Brands has cut its debt by A$25m due to stronger cash flow and the sale of two surplus properties. ...
Pacific Brands' chairman James MacKenzie has decided to step down from his role at the Australian apparel manufacturer. ...
Apparel and footwear business Pacific Brands has abandoned talks over a possible sale of the company, and warned that earnings will be "materially down" for the rest of the fiscal year....
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack