USA: Kleinert's To Sell Sleepwear Division For $4m
The deal has been approved by the US Bankruptcy Court and is expected to close on 16 May 2003.
Chairman and CEO Gregory A Sandfort said that he is pleased with the sale of the Kleinert's sleepwear division as it is the "best outcome for the value of the estate and the employees."
The company, which provides branded and private label children's and infants' sleepwear and playwear, also confirmed that with its $24 million DIP facility it has the full support from its bank group to fund the ongoing operations.
It will now focus its efforts on organising the sale of the Buster Brown playwear division, which is expected within the next 60 to 90 days.
Kleinert's Inc and four affiliates filed voluntary petitions for Chapter 11 reorganisation on 7 May 2003.
Russell Corporation has said it is "disappointed" with its 2005 results, despite reporting a rise in sales and earnings in its fourth quarter....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell is to axe about 2,300 jobs and stop retirement benefits as part of a large-scale restructuring....
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell has lowered its full-year profit and sales predictions and said it will take aggressive action in early 2006 to boost its earnings....
Scottish kilt maker Hector Russell has been acquired by larger competitor Edinburgh Woollen Mill Group, which plans to expand the business....
Russell Corporation today blamed delays in the full implementation of CAFTA and the effects of Hurricane Katrina for lower third quarter forecasts....
Athletic and sports goods company Russell Corporation says it is axing the position of president and chief operating officer as part of efforts to flatten its organisational structure....
ASAP Show, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cyber Merchants Exchange, has organised various seminars featuring top apparel executives from US fashion, sourcing and financial fields during its August 28-31...
Athletic and sporting goods company Russell Corporation has named Victoria Beck as a vice president of the company, effective as of 1 September....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020