USA: Kmart Appoints New CFO
Kmart Corporation (NYSE: KM) today announced that Marty Welch, 52, has been promoted to executive vice president and chief financial officer from senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective immediately. He will continue to report to Michael Bozic, Kmart vice chairman, and be responsible for all aspects of corporate finance. "Marty has been instrumental in restructuring the company's balance sheet and strengthening all aspects of our financial operations," said Bozic. "His leadership will continue to be key as we pursue strategic imperatives aimed at improving all aspects of our business." Prior to joining Kmart in 1995, Welch had served as senior vice president and CFO for Federal-Mogul Corporation. He also held various financial positions with Chrysler Corporation, Freuhauf Corporation and Arthur Young & Company. Also, effective immediately, Ron Chomiuk, 47, has been promoted to vice president, Pharmacy Operations, reporting directly to Kmart president and COO Andy Giancamilli..
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack