USA: Kmart Appoints New CFO
Kmart Corporation (NYSE: KM) today announced that Marty Welch, 52, has been promoted to executive vice president and chief financial officer from senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective immediately. He will continue to report to Michael Bozic, Kmart vice chairman, and be responsible for all aspects of corporate finance. "Marty has been instrumental in restructuring the company's balance sheet and strengthening all aspects of our financial operations," said Bozic. "His leadership will continue to be key as we pursue strategic imperatives aimed at improving all aspects of our business." Prior to joining Kmart in 1995, Welch had served as senior vice president and CFO for Federal-Mogul Corporation. He also held various financial positions with Chrysler Corporation, Freuhauf Corporation and Arthur Young & Company. Also, effective immediately, Ron Chomiuk, 47, has been promoted to vice president, Pharmacy Operations, reporting directly to Kmart president and COO Andy Giancamilli..
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective