USA: Kmart Appoints New CFO
Kmart Corporation (NYSE: KM) today announced that Marty Welch, 52, has been promoted to executive vice president and chief financial officer from senior vice president and chief financial officer, effective immediately. He will continue to report to Michael Bozic, Kmart vice chairman, and be responsible for all aspects of corporate finance. "Marty has been instrumental in restructuring the company's balance sheet and strengthening all aspects of our financial operations," said Bozic. "His leadership will continue to be key as we pursue strategic imperatives aimed at improving all aspects of our business." Prior to joining Kmart in 1995, Welch had served as senior vice president and CFO for Federal-Mogul Corporation. He also held various financial positions with Chrysler Corporation, Freuhauf Corporation and Arthur Young & Company. Also, effective immediately, Ron Chomiuk, 47, has been promoted to vice president, Pharmacy Operations, reporting directly to Kmart president and COO Andy Giancamilli..
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016