USA: Kmart Appoints New Supply Chain Executive
Kmart Corporation (NYSE: KM) today announced the appointment of Anthony D'Onofrio, to the post of executive vice president, chief supply chain officer, effective October 26, 2000. In this new senior executive position, D'Onofrio will oversee all aspects of merchandise flow, distribution and logistics at Kmart and will report directly to president and COO Andy Giancamilli. "With exceptional infrastructure design, distribution and logistics experience, Tony D'Onofrio has helped some of the world's leading companies such as Pepsico, Merck, and Procter & Gamble create and operate world-class supply chain processes," said Giancamilli. D'Onofrio joins Kmart from Michaels Stores where he has served as senior vice president, global supply chain, logistics and distribution and was responsible for integrating global operations, optimising their supply chain, inventory control, transportation and distribution. Previously, he was vice president, operations engineering for Merck. From 1981 to 1997, D'Onofrio was with Pepsico Inc where he rose to the post of senior director technology, product and process development.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022