USA: Kmart Fleece Sweatshirts Recalled
Five-Y Clothing said today it is recalling about 42,000 fleece sweatshirts, which the company sells through Kmart. These garments, which fail to meet the federal mandatory standards for fabric flammability, could ignite easily and present a serious risk of burn injuries.The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and Five-Y Clothing are not aware of any injuries involving these sweatshirts. This recall is being conducted to prevent the possibility of injuries. The recalled ladies sweatshirts are made of a fleece fabric that closely resembles that of an inside-outside sweatshirt. They are long- sleeved, pullover-style, grey, and 90 per cent cotton and 10 per cent polyester. A label sewn into the neck of the sweatshirts reads in part, "Route 66 Original Clothing," "Made in El Salvador", and "R.N. 94401." Kmart stores nationwide exclusively sold the ladies sweatshirts from June 1999 through March 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020