USA: Kmart Fleece Sweatshirts Recalled
Five-Y Clothing said today it is recalling about 42,000 fleece sweatshirts, which the company sells through Kmart. These garments, which fail to meet the federal mandatory standards for fabric flammability, could ignite easily and present a serious risk of burn injuries.The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and Five-Y Clothing are not aware of any injuries involving these sweatshirts. This recall is being conducted to prevent the possibility of injuries. The recalled ladies sweatshirts are made of a fleece fabric that closely resembles that of an inside-outside sweatshirt. They are long- sleeved, pullover-style, grey, and 90 per cent cotton and 10 per cent polyester. A label sewn into the neck of the sweatshirts reads in part, "Route 66 Original Clothing," "Made in El Salvador", and "R.N. 94401." Kmart stores nationwide exclusively sold the ladies sweatshirts from June 1999 through March 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack