USA: Kmart In Corporate Reorganisation Of Its Stores
Kmart will replace six geographical field divisions with a new field organisation that will include five separate operating divisions including four geographic areas - West, Southeast, Northeast and International - and a separate Super Centres division.
Gregg Treadway was promoted to executive vice president, store operations and will report directly to Kmart chief executive Chuck Conaway. The five division presidents will report to Treadway.
"Kmart is committed to addressing our operational challenges in a thoughtful, yet aggressive, manner," said Conaway in a statement. "This new organisation will provide a clear, focused direction and strong leadership for our store teams."
Companies: Sears Holdings Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Wal-Mart is famous for its everyday low prices. The world's largest company continues to dramatically transform the retail landscape by exploring new growth avenues, selling new categories of merchand...
Sears Holdings' Kmart subsidiary is to axe an unspecified number of workers as it revises staff levels at its 1,400 stores, according to press reports....
Up to 150,000 employees and retirees of former retailer Kmart have been awarded US$11.75m as part of a lawsuit settlement over the investment of pension funds, Associated Press reported....
Apparel maker Lands' End's president and chief executive officer is leaving the company less than two year after she took the role on....
Cut-price footwear retailer Footstar Inc has selcted 4R Systems Inc's 4R application to help them achieve the appropriate choice of case-pack design, and quantities that provide the maximum flexibilit...
Casual apparel company Levi Strauss & Co has named John Goodman as president of the US Dockers business, effective 6 June....
Sears Holdings Corp and Latina Media Ventures, which publishes Latina magazine, have signed a deal to launch an apparel, footwear and bag collection aimed at Hispanic women....
Chief executive of US department store operator JC Penney, Myron Ullman, says the company is to turn its focus to mid-income shoppers who are forming an available market niche due to mergers among its...
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack